Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today had sle out and is still acting up anything under 5000 rpm works like it is loading up with fuel so far I took reeds off. There perfect, oil pump was way over rich set it back to stock mark. Boon docker is at -5. -5 -5 3000rpm! Sled has a d&d y pipe d&d can d&d clutch kit white spring primary, also put in new iridium plugs as well!! Not sure what else to do?? And it still hangs up on idle at 2500 rpm anything over 5000 works great!!

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Idle hang, richen boondocker to -2s instead of your 5s n retest
Confirm intake flanges are not cracked. Most common on machines run without a plowman mount.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok will try that today I started off with it at -3 yesterday but even at -5 no difference at all! Ill look at intake flanges that's the piece from carbs to reeds?? If so I'm pretty sure they are good when I just had reeds out they looked fine! Just so hard to run on slower trails and sounds ****** too! Some guys tell me it's the can doing it. But I find that hard to believe!

·
Registered
320 Posts
i know its not the same sled, but testing the TPS is done the same way

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
if your idle is hanging high.it means your lean..i just
did a f1000 .with a boone docker.same issue as yours.with more motor work..it would bogg as well..turned the numbers up and it was solved..just for ****s and giggles try going up 4 numbers from 0rpms to 5000 and see what it does..if it solves your problem then slowly turn them back..im at a +1 at 3000 and 5000.its worth a try..goodluck.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
i will try going to +4 +4+4 0-3000 rpm and im goin to put in some octane booster too for the hell of it lol. like i said from 5000 rpm couldnt possibly work any better!!, so ya illl try that tommorow and see what it does!! thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
she isnt buring much oil now not like before it was 1/4 inch past rich i wound it bac k to stock setting had it for a 200 mile run yesterday may have burned 250 ml

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
You need to figure out actual ratio to be sure.
Normally, pump needs to be set about the width of the line below the line itself (at full throttle / engine off of course).

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well turned it up to +4 +4 +4 0-3000 and idle comes down quicker but way worse, put it to +2's still bad +1's still ****** and 0 and now back to minus 4 and still horible. ran a litttle higher octance and octane boost great power after 5 grand but some ****** sled to drive under 5000 rpm.... what next .... there cant be that many things left causing this only under 5000 rpm and to work perfect after it...has to be a sensor,, all the guys say put stock can on sled will work perfect but i cant see it... but at this point thinking about trying it lol

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just talked to d&d and the mechanic there said it sounds like air intake temp sensor bad..... What ya guys think about that?

·
Registered
16 Posts
well i am having the same exact problems with my f8 anything over 5000-6000 rpms is totaly fine, anything under runs like absolute sh** it had a boondoker on it ive tryed varius settings and nothing, switched from the can back to the stock can and nothing, the only thing ive gotten it to do is a knock sensor code twice so i replaced that at 220 bucks and hopfuly that is the problem ive tested every sensor on it checked every wire... i checked my air intake sensor with a meter just pull it out hook your leads to it and check the resistance, i also gave it a breath of warm air and the resitance of it changed as it should:Bangin:

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm pretty sure it's got a be the coolant temp sensor. When I stopped for 10-15 mins yesterday sled would work great In low rpms first crack if give it then back to being ****** again...

·
Registered
16 Posts
well let me know if that works if you change it i changed the knock sensor and that didnt make a difference but mines doing the same thing runs good for like 20 min than it turns to crap breaks up spits and sputters i had a boondoker on my sled as well and it made no difference weather it is on the sled or on my tool box

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ya its the only thing left i had a zl 8000 about 4 years ago every month ya would have to put a new one in and work like a top and never once did it throw a code!!only thing i can think cause if it were coils it would break down at high rpm, and ya i hope when i change it it fixes it.

·
Registered
16 Posts
yea i had my temp light go off though running across a lake like 2 weeks ago .. so idk if that is my problem but ive tryed everyhing and nothing changes it, i guess it could be working intermittently

1 - 19 of 19 Posts