Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these bogging issues are beaten to death and getting anoying but I still can't solve this one. If anybody has any other ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. It was running rich so leaned her out by lengthening the pump rod 2 turns. Now I have 50:1 ish ratio and the plugs look perfect. I went and picked up some shims and tightened the belt up on the secondary. This did help quite a bit but the bog is still there. The clutches are alligned perfectly and are nice and clean. The power valves are cleaned and the cables are adusted to specs (34.5mm). I have burnt a couple tanks of fuel so its not the gas. The plugs are new (BR9EYA) and am burning amsoil interceptor. The belt is new(034). The track is adjusted to specs. All RPM's are good: idle, engagement, and WOT. Top speed is there and all midrange power is awsome. All this and it still bogs off the line. Hammer the throttle and it takes off but slowly. Its like one one-thousand, two one-thousand then gone like an f'n rocket. Same as when you slow down for a drift and hammer on it to jump it, it bogs instead and you can't get the skis in the air. It doesn't bog down to absolutely nothing, it just doesn't hit like I think it should, though I have never rode another 05 F7 SP EFI. Are they all like this? The sled is all stock except for v-force 3 reeds which were in when I bought it and IMO a waste of money but no use taking them out, I didn't buy'em. Anyways I've put alot of time into tuning this sled which I do enjoy but I want it to be perfect. Any other things I should do or check. Thanx for any help.
P.S. I love this site!! :beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
374 Posts
"I went and picked up some shims and tightened the belt up on the secondary. This did help quite a bit but the bog is still there."

This lil tidbit' is screaming windup pressure what hole do you have the secondary spring in? sounds like you secondary may not be backing out all the way or is instantly dropping in a bit when you hit it, of course this will slow down your upshift just a hair but it will give ya a quicker and more complete backshift. how many pounds do you have it set at?????

oh and just cuz the reeds arent that old doesnt mean they are all in good shape
i have had several sets of these actually warp sideways in such a fashion that they will not seal up all the way, im sure others have had the same issue on fairly new reeds even.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds like your secondary is not back shifting is this problem happening with a hot belt or cold Sometimes if a belt is used it gets soft and sticky and will not slip like its suposed to.take your secondery apart cleen tighten the spring 1 hole try again.it sonds like the engine is fine but again is this happening hot or cold

·
Registered
98 Posts
Sounds like your secondary is not back shifting is this problem happening with a hot belt or cold Sometimes if a after market belt is used it gets soft and sticky and will not slip like its suposed to.take your secondery apart cleen tighten the spring 1 hole try again.it sonds like the engine is fine but again is this happening hot or cold

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
My buddy had a simular problem it was a broken clutch spring....took it to the dealer repeatedly before he found it on his own.

Or
Maybe its running to rich on the bottom end..try a fuel reducer?

·
Registered
18 Posts
TRY UNPLUGGING 3 PRONGED KILL SWITCH CONNECTOR (UNDER HANDLE BAR PAD) IF THIS CURES IT BREAK THE MIDDLE MALE CONNECTOR OFF, PLUG IT BACK IN AND ROCK ON.(YOU WONT HAVE KILL SWITCH WHILE TESTING IT UNPLUGGED, WHEN YOU PLUG IT BACK TOGETHER YOU WILL, MINUS THE THROTTLE SAFTEY SWITCH) I'VE SEEN THIS ALOT ON CATS.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Have you checked the engine snubber to see if there is excessive clearance? Too much clearance and when you load the engine it will come out of alignment? When you checked your alignment did you also check center to center and the x and y measurement? Stock or aftermarket Can?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sorry I couldn't reply till now but I just got home from work since I posted this. Today I talked to a buddy of mine who works at a cat dealer and has the same sled as mine. He swears up and down that its not the reeds. He has them in his sled and says they improve response and dont create a bog. He says my problem is the fuel loading up and need an injector perfector. He said this should help but won't cure the bog and that you will always have a bog off the line with these motors. Does he know what hes talking about.??

·
Registered
16 Posts
When your aftermarket reeds are working correct they do help with throttle response but your buddy or no one else can swear that yours are working correctly! Check them to see if they are closed properly. Also try your stock ones if you have them! Its a easy check out! Also the guys on here talking about your clutching could have a point. My buddy has an 03 F7 EFI and it rips out of the hole and keeps going! You may also want to check the cables on your power valves to make sure they arent a little to tight and slightly holding your powervalves open causing loss of lowend power! GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm gonna take her apart in the morning and check the reeds. If they are good I guess I'll leave them in and put in the injector perfector. I know this will help my problem but i still think theres more to it. I guess i can hope the reeds are buggered so i can fix this thing.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I pulled the reeds and they are fine. I'm still gonna try the stock ones though just to make sure. Its crappy cause I don't have my stock ones and I have to buy new boots just to try them. Unless the plastic insert from the v force reeds will fit in the stock cage, then i wont have to buy the boots. Does anyone know if they fit? I got a set of stock reeds coming that i can try for free but wont get them till tomorrow. If its not the reeds then I will rebuild my secondary and then try the injector perfector.

·
Registered
524 Posts
One of my set swcrews on the fly weights backed out a bit, it egged out the hole in the pin that caused a slight bogg, you might want to check this out. I replaced the weight and pin and it was all good again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts