Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know these bogging issues are beaten to death and getting anoying but I still can't solve this one. If anybody has any other ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. It was running rich so leaned her out by lengthening the pump rod 2 turns. Now I have 50:1 ish ratio and the plugs look perfect. I went and picked up some shims and tightened the belt up on the secondary. This did help quite a bit but the bog is still there. The clutches are alligned perfectly and are nice and clean. The power valves are cleaned and the cables are adusted to specs (34.5mm). I have burnt a couple tanks of fuel so its not the gas. The plugs are new (BR9EYA) and am burning amsoil interceptor. The belt is new(034). The track is adjusted to specs. All RPM's are good: idle, engagement, and WOT. Top speed is there and all midrange power is awsome. All this and it still bogs off the line. Hammer the throttle and it takes off but slowly. Its like one one-thousand, two one-thousand then gone like an f'n rocket. Same as when you slow down for a drift and hammer on it to jump it, it bogs instead and you can't get the skis in the air. It doesn't bog down to absolutely nothing, it just doesn't hit like I think it should, though I have never rode another 05 F7 SP EFI. Are they all like this? The sled is all stock except for v-force 3 reeds which were in when I bought it and IMO a waste of money but no use taking them out, I didn't buy'em. Anyways I've put alot of time into tuning this sled which I do enjoy but I want it to be perfect. Any other things I should do or check. Thanx for any help.
P.S. I love this site!! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Try your Oxygen sensor or heat sensor....whatever they call it. It is the sensor that is in your muffler. Same thing happened to me last year.

Cheers

·
Registered
205 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FatCat1 @ Jan 7 2007, 09:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Try your Oxygen sensor or heat sensor....whatever they call it. It is the sensor that is in your muffler. Same thing happened to me last year.

Cheers[/b]
Do the 05's have that sensor??My F6 doesnt. Is there any possibility of a messed up reed. Aftermarket reeds doesnt usually last as long as the stockers. Any chance the previous owner may have messed with the tps sensor. Go on the muffler side and look on the throttle bodies and you'll see a black sensor with a plug in going to it. There are 2 phillips screw holding it there. Mark the sensor and throttle body so you know where you started. Get the sled warmed up and turn the sensor in either direction to see if it gets better or worse. I think clockwise is leaner but I'm not sure. This is very sensitive. I wouldnt turn more than a mm a time. Try it for the heck and see. Someone may have tried to tune before you.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have an 04 F6 EFI and seems like I have done the same as you in trying to get rid of the bog problem. My sled bogs around the 6500 rpm mark, hesitates for like 2 seconds and then takes off like a rocket. At what rpm does yours bog at?

·
Registered
85 Posts
same thing on my cf the problom was clutch sheave was dirrrrty in the bottom where the belt sits at idle. cleaned that and it was fine

·
Registered
514 Posts
Mine has a slight hesitation when I punch it but it doesnt seem as bad as yours, Maybe try a BMP timing key, I know its not the best idea to throw aftermarket parts at something that seems like it shouldnt do it from the factory, but maybe that will help with low end response, I plan on doing it to mine but am hesitant to untill my warr. is up. JMO

·
Registered
788 Posts
Try removing the throttle safety switch and see if that helps. . . *I am not condoning riding with the safety switch removed but it may help in diagnosis of the problem*

·
Registered
66 Posts
send out the ecm and get reprogrammed to 06 specs dealer told me it is way better and cleans up the hold fuel curve. costs about $110 canadian. may help

·
Registered
514 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f7nightfire @ Jan 8 2007, 02:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
send out the ecm and get reprogrammed to 06 specs dealer told me it is way better and cleans up the hold fuel curve. costs about $110 canadian. may help[/b]
Maybe thats why mine dosent seem that bad. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
201 Posts
If it bogs right at engagement, sounds like clutching to me. Try an 020 belt or , remove shims in the 2ndary to the point the sled is walking away on its own, then honk on it. If its solved, its clutching. If not then you have gone to the extreme side of really tight belt deflection. Try that.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 04 f6 carbed,Had a bog in my sled from day one.The dealer said it was clutch too many shims,then they said the piolet jett was to big when I received the sled back it still had a bog. So I started working on it my self. I found that they had two different size jets in it and the fuel adjuster screw was broke off in the carb. Finally with much trial and error its better but still not the way it should be! I know some people have the same problem and others have no problem. I would try the ecm reprogrammed it worked for my friends 03 f7 efi. His you had to pick the ass end and rev it then drop to move.
good luck

·
Registered
22 Posts
pull the V-force Reeds out...my F6 did the same thing when i installed them.put the stock reeds in and the bog went away.alot of engine builders will tell you V-Force reeds do not work on a Laydown Engine.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sorry I couldn't reply till now but I just got home from work since I posted this. Today I talked to a buddy of mine who works at a cat dealer and has the same sled as mine. He swears up and down that its not the reeds. He has them in his sled and says they improve response and dont create a bog. He says my problem is the fuel loading up and need an injector perfector. He said this should help but won't cure the bog and that you will always have a bog off the line with these motors. Does he know what hes talking about.??

·
Registered
49 Posts
for everyone with this low end bog, try this. Run your sled. Get it good and warmed up. Without hitting the brake let your sled coast to a stop, now stop shut it off and take a good look at your belt on your secondary, if its not about 1/8inch above your sheaves you sleds going to bog. You need that belt at the point where its almost squealing, then give it another run, see if that helps.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my belt is tight, i adjusted that a long time ago. Thats not my problem but thanx anyways. I'm gonna check the reeds in the morning and go from there. If they are good, i guess ill try the injector perfector. I know this will help but i don't think it'll cure the problem.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So I pulled the reeds and they are fine. I'm still gonna try the stock ones though just to make sure. Its crappy cause I don't have my stock ones and I have to buy new boots just to try them. Unless the plastic insert from the v force reeds will fit in the stock cage, then i wont have to buy the boots. Does anyone know if they fit? I got a set of stock reeds coming that i can try for free but wont get them till tomorrow. If its not the reeds then I will rebuild my secondary and then try the injector perfector.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would check how much slack you have in your throttle cable, and if that is good I would adjust your TPS sensor. I had the same problem for a year and that is what I found. I have twin pipes and V-force reeds, they were not the problem. I installed a Boondocker and it didn't help, did clutching no help, did timing key no help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
i think some1 else said it already but its the direction i would think about going, if it has a good amount of hours or even to just make sure, check the reed pedals and make sure they arnt cracked...my old kx125 dirtbike had bog off low end, put in new reed pedals and it ran great

1 - 20 of 22 Posts