Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 pound winch that i want to put on the back of my 400. does any one know where i can buy a mount or will i need to fab one.

·
Registered
257 Posts
You may need to be creative. I welded a warn winch mount from a 2000 AC to my rear LE bumper on my 2007 700 and it works awesome. I have pulled out numerous other quads using it and have also dragged a moose out 8- 10 miles with it as well. The LE bumper is more than strong enough to withstand the winch.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
There are mounts that go in the reciever hich if you have one, I have one for the 1.5" reciever but not a 2" that my cat has. plenty of winch mounts on ebay, might adapt one to fit.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i'd prefer to not use one that goes in my receiver. i like using it to pull thing. might have to break out the mig.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I've got one around here somewhere. You could just weld it on. Let me see if I can find it and you can pm me your address and I'll send it out to ya.
JD

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I fabbed my own mount using channel iron that I painted/coated with truck bed liner. Works great! Welding is great, but it jukes up the paint on the frame which would lead to rusting won't it?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mrmrezg @ Jan 4 2007, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I have a 2000 pound winch that i want to put on the back of my 400. does any one know where i can buy a mount or will i need to fab one.[/b]

There is no doubt you are in the marine business with the title of this post and your avatar. Driving a tug boat must be pretty interesting.

·
Premium Member
6,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tek @ Jan 4 2007, 03:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mrmrezg @ Jan 4 2007, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have a 2000 pound winch that i want to put on the back of my 400. does any one know where i can buy a mount or will i need to fab one.[/b]

There is no doubt you are in the marine business with the title of this post and your avatar. Driving a tug boat must be pretty interesting.
[/b][/quote]
yeah i am the relief captain on the M/V Ricky J. LeBoeuf. 2000 hp and 168 tons we are running all over the gulf coast and up the mississippi. i had a post in the off topic section with pictures of my old boat, but it is gone now. thank you hackers

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
montanajacks.com sell mounts, but i think that they are the hitch ones, still might want to take a look.
mooseutilities.com also might have something

·
Registered
519 Posts
If you have a welder, it's not too big of a deal to fab one. What I did is use the mounting plate from the stock front bumper since I had replaced it with the brush guard anyway. I just cut the plate out with an angle grinder, turned it upside down and shaped it to fit insdie the rear bumper. I did have to add some support, but that was just some 1/2" round bar. The rear winch can be a real lifesaver. It got me out of a nasty situation when I tried going down a hill that I should have never of tried. Very lucky to have gotten out of that one in one piece (me and the bike).

Here's a pic

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
[attachment=59810:p1010012.JPG]
[attachment=59809:p1010010.JPG]

Attachments

·
Registered
387 Posts
I put a 3000lb Wood Winch on the back of my 2005 400i. I had to buy another AC rear light (about 35 bucks) and mounted the two on each side of the rear rack. The wich has a hand held control which I like because it eliminates putting another contactor under the seat (already have one under there for my front winch). It's too bad we 400 owners even need a rear winch...my old 1998 Suzuki King quad had a Super Low reverse and I never had the need for a rear winch....wish this awesome 400 had a lower reverse!!! :beer_cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi,

I modified a 2003 TRV Warn Winch mounting plate and I modified the 2006 original bumper. After these I could weld the Winch mounting plate.

We need in Europe a licence plate therefore I must cut a “plate window”.

[attachment=59833:Winch_1.jpg]

[attachment=59834:Winch_2.jpg]

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts