Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. went riding last night and some idiot ran into the side of my ext 580. bent the support bar for the steering and screwed up the belly pan on the right side and bent up the grab bar on that side. has anyone ever replaced the support bar? the grab bar and belly pan i can fix and it looks like the main support bar is 2 bolts on each side and 2 bolts holding the steering column. but when working on stuff its never so simple. thanks in advance for any tips

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Yep, a few bolts, and some wiring and vent tubes, and she comes off. Now the belly pan and the bumper are a bit more of a chore, but still not TERRIBLE! drill some rivets out, and it will come off! Literally, It is easy to replace that support hoop. Just find someone parting a sled and offer to buy it. it should go cheap.. where you from in MN im near Winona area, about 1 hour east of rochester MN.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys i figured if i took the bumper off i could bend that one side straight. i actually talked to an uncle of mine and he has a 580 parts sled so i get that support bar CHEAP! just sucks having to replace stuff that someone else broke in the first place

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Its easy, but takes a heck of a long time. Everything needs to come off.. and while your in there, why not do the forward steering mod, and shim the steering rack. Easy peezy lemon squeezy :)

·
5,963 Posts
Pretty Sure that there is a Snowmobile Salvage place near Rochester.

Ax. Winona ehh? I vist My GirlFriend ever couple weeks there

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Pretty Sure that there is a Snowmobile Salvage place near Rochester.

Ax. Winona ehh? I vist My GirlFriend ever couple weeks there
Correct, there is a place called Miners outdoors in Blooming Prairie, and that is all I know about locally?

And yep, My girlfriend is there too... College women.. I usually get there once every two weeks to get to Fleet Farm and such:)

·
5,963 Posts
College women :lol:. I have teh Joy Of driving From Mankato

Reactions: axlr8
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.