Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's very difficult to not switch brands these days with all the competition out there. Also when my bike is tore down waiting on parts. I like my cats, but I think about flipping to the darkside sometimes. So fell free to comment or slap me sill!

·
Administrator
38,969 Posts
Slap/ slap-slap. I like being able to work on my own machine.

·
Premium Member
8,170 Posts
im trying to buy a spare engine so i cant jump ship lol

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is true! I know my machines inside and out! And have fine folks like yourself to help me when I have problem! Thanks for the slap back to reality!

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Yes it's hard sometimes, but grass is not always greener on the other side. I stayed with my kitty. :)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I see a lot of can ams and Polaris RAZR sxs almost ever where I ride around here and not many Cats. Make me wonder what they are getting sold on to buy these machines. Is it the big 800 and 1000 stickers on the side of that renegades and outlanders or pricing? I know Arctic Cat is just as good but, just curious about these other machines.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ive got the outlander 500 and polaris rzr. I ride my cat more than the others. The off road capability is by far better than the outlander. Dont let anyone tell you the visco lock 4wd sysytem works like the others,especially like a polaris. It DOESNT! The polaris 4wd at least spins all 4 wheels much quicker and is actually similer to cats diff lock. the outlander at times will not spin all 4 wheels when needed. Ill admit the rzr is really fun to hit the trails and is smooth. The main reason i got it is so my kids can ride safely with me and arctic cat will not come out with a 50" sxs. Ive waited since 2008. The outlander is fun to haul butt on trails though,power is incredible. they all have their place and not every atv is comfy for everyone.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love my difflock on my cats its got me out of some jams and its true 4WD. Didn't know the Can am didn't have a manual locking 4wd system. Are the Can ams pretty reliable? I've work on several Polaris 2000 to 2006 mostly axle and front hud issues but there not that bad to work on and petty tuff bikes. Love the look of those rzrs too.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I see a lot of can ams and Polaris RAZR sxs almost ever where I ride around here and not many Cats. Make me wonder what they are getting sold on to buy these machines. Is it the big 800 and 1000 stickers on the side of that renegades and outlanders or pricing? I know Arctic Cat is just as good but, just curious about these other machines.

I ride with all can am and polaris, with a few yammies and suzy's mixed in...the can am it's all about raw power, with a Smoooooth ride . The ****oo is good power and AWD capability and apparently plushy ride(although I felt the AC had a better ride). The visco-lock on the older can am's were slow, the new ones are almost immediate....except the fact that it SUCKS for rock crawlin. My old kitty kat with an open diff works better...lol As long as I go slow and squeeze the brake just right....hahaha

I had the opportunity to ride quite a few machines last year...still tossed up about kitty kat OR suzy!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That can am looks dangerous sweeping to one side like that. Also I only saw all 4 wheels lock in one time Polaris did better. Been in situation like that with both my cats all I've had to do is back up flip that diff lock and crawl up, down, or through it.

·
Registered
5,049 Posts
Ive had all cats up until 2010, when i tried a 850 xp, biggest mistake, biggest piece of crap. So i got rid of that and ride a 06 outty 800xt. Got it a year and a half ago from my neighbor, only had 46 miles on it, was mint. Got good deal on it, so i took it. Overall, very nice, reliable machine, awesome power, thats what i like. Visco-lok has alot to be desired, but if i blip the throttle mine usually locks pretty quick. I guess the new ones have the visco-lok QE (quick engagement). Guess they say its instant now. I miss my cat, everyday lol, my dads got the TBX and loves it. Ill get another cat soon, my next one ill prob go back to them. Can am is a great machine, only bad thing is they are expensive. Ill never buy a polaris again, but i wouldnt have any problems having another can am in my garage

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
If only I could put the brute 750 in my chassis. Ive ridden most of them and i would take anyone of the new quads out there and be happy.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I see a lot of folks riding brute 750S. They are a good looking bike and sound good with an exhaust. Only down fall is the trans in those things which is the reason my friend is getting rid of his.

·
Administrator
38,969 Posts
And 9" of ground clearance hence "kawastucki"

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Thats why I want the motor in my chassis the only downfall ive seen is the suspension leaves a little bit to be desired.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Thats why I want the motor in my chassis the only downfall ive seen is the suspension leaves a little bit to be desired.
And exhaust system design. It barely flowed enough for the 650 V2.

·
Administrator
7,932 Posts
Neighbor let me ride his 2010 800 can am. its a bullet. trail riding is very smooth but it leans quite a bit in the corners and accelerating the front end rocks back-- braking the nose dives down too much. Probably why is rides so well, its soft on all 4 corners. Drove it down the rode, probably 70 to 75 mph and it wasnt very stable. The power steering seemed too touchy. Maybe it was the tires,?? i have no idea. He even complains about it being too unstable at high speeds.
Almost 11k for that machine. There are things I like about it better than my Cats, ride, acceleration, smooth quiet engine.
downside, unstable, the price, a few times it wouldn't start. hit the button and nothing, has not figured it out yet

·
Registered
44 Posts
I will say this about all of them out there...everyone has pluses and minuses. I prefer the Cat to others because my kids both have 550 and I have 700. Almost every wearable part interchanges and that is huge. my riding partner has a 550 and 650 also. So it makes keeping spare part coast to a minimum. When we go out on a big ride weekend at an atv park. We can have spare parts for nearly everything on the bike. Try that is you have other brands and see what it will cost to keep spares.

I love my cats and what they do for my kind of riding.
Also I realized no matter how much money you spend or upgrade you do....someone will ride by with a nicer bike. lol

1 - 20 of 28 Posts