Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am almost certain that my stator is shot. I have found this site www.rmstator.com that offers stator rewind/repair for $175, maybe less for my 440fan. Has anyone on here used this company? Any comments on their responsiveness and quality of work. I am also a little concerned about shipping across the Canadian border and my stator getting hung up in Customs forever. Open to comments.

Thanks! Wayne

·
Registered
345 Posts
I just got my stator back from them yesterday. It looks good, haven't installed it yet.
1st: Check e-bay, they have some auctions for the repair on there sometimes. I won mine for $120 + $16 shipping.
2nd: If they don't have an auction on e-bay for your machine, call them and talk to Shawn, he may offer you a deal over the phone ($150).
3rd: All of there shipping info/instructions is on the www.rmstator.com website. I shipped mine U.S. mail and they shipped it back UPS. No probs coming or going. Service/Shipping was fast and easy with them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I emailed Sean and he replied with a $200 quote, including return shipping. I was expecting a bit cheaper for the little 440 fan stator, but he might not do them as often. I see the pinned item in the ZR forum lists a company in Mass, I might give them a call. Or I might just see if my dealer knows of a place to get rewound/rebuilt stators if they indeed test it bad.... Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts