Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im gonna be putting a EGT gauge on my sled and need to know the wattage or voltage of the Elec. system so i can build a rectifier so i can run my DC v egt gauge..thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
2,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the sled is a 97 carb 440 so im gonna have to get a rectifier.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Most bridge rectifiers are rated for a minimum of 100 PRV (peak Reverse Volts) so the 13 VAC will be of no concern. I would design one with a minimum 3 A rating in case you want to add other DC devices.
You can use an ECG5329 (6 amp) or ECG5312 (8 amp) bridge rectifier depending on what package style you want for mounting. I would combine this with an ECG1912 (12V 3A) or ECG933 (12V 5A) Voltage regulator.
Of course the easiest option would be to get a cat reg for a battery sled like an 01 touring P/N 0630-105
There are a few on ebay now search - regulator +arctic

·
Registered
4,097 Posts
You should not be concerned with the output of the stator lighting coil. The stator output varies with engine speed, which is why there is a voltage regulator to bleed off voltage above 13 - 14 VAC. Make sure you take your power from a regulated source, which should be any circuit in the dash, or hood.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wayne from Pontypool @ Jan 11 2007, 10:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Of course the easiest option would be to get a cat reg for a battery sled like an 01 touring P/N 0630-105
There are a few on ebay now search - regulator +arctic[/b]
Hey Wayne, Does your regulator put out a DC voltage (ie: built in rectifier)? or is your regulator and rectifier separate components?

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
That's good to know. Just thinking that could be an option when I look at putting an electric water temp gauge on the ZL. Just wondering if everything else will still work like the tach? I dunno

1 - 8 of 8 Posts