Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I have an 03 F5 and am needing some help, its an outstanding 500 but laggs in the start and comes to life after a couple of seconds. I need it to be more responsive. Its completely stock and I havent done anything to it. Where do I start. Money is tight. Thanks!

·
Registered
302 Posts
definatley a clutch kit, should run you around 250 or less, i would recommend ODS ( Out Door Shop ). If you are willing to run premium fuel all of the time, you can install a timing key, i'm not sure what degree would be best but i do know that it increases throttle response a ton and i'm sure these guys can help you out with that. OH! CLEAN YOUR APVS GOOD! That makes a HUUUGE difference. If it hasn't been done in a while, you'll think its a new sled. There is a how to topic posted in sled tech tips and mods forum and it walks you through step by step. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticF5 @ Nov 29 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f-5rider @ Nov 9 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take out one of the smaller shims in the secondary. It will really wake it up[/b]

does this help the 04's and up F5's as well??
[/b][/quote]
If you take a shim out of it, do you ahve to replace it with anything???

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (pin2win @ Nov 30 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ArcticF5 @ Nov 29 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (f-5rider @ Nov 9 2009, 12:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Take out one of the smaller shims in the secondary. It will really wake it up[/b]

does this help the 04's and up F5's as well??
[/b][/quote]
If you take a shim out of it, do you ahve to replace it with anything???
[/b][/quote]
removing or adding shims is simply setting up your belt deflection. Cats like tight belts and your track should be turning at about 5mph on a stand @ idle.

·
Registered
204 Posts
ask some of the clutch guru's what would be a good set up(weights, springs, helix). You should be able to find these parts online, and it will be cheaper than buying a whole kit from a supplier.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just bought the clutch kit for my 03 f5 from Dan at ODS and it'll be here weds and i am more than excited to see what its gonna do to my sled. I've heard nothing but good things about the ODS. Plus the kit was only $129 which was a price that i couldn't turn down :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts