Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
starter solenoid clicking but starter not spinning , 2001 250 4x4.
problem just started while spinning over. now it just clicks at the solenoid . battery is good. cranks fine with the pull rope

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I'd still try another battery or test it for voltage . Also check all battery connections and grounds. Could be the starter, but I'd want to eliminate every thing else first. ATV batteries often aren't the best.

·
Registered
12 Posts
starter solenoid clicking but starter not spinning , 2001 250 4x4.
problem just started while spinning over. now it just clicks at the solenoid . battery is good. cranks fine with the pull rope
I have the same problem any solutions? My pull rope is extremely difficult to pull. (This is a project machine that hasn’t been started in 7-8 years) I cleaned everything replaced all the missing/worn parts new carb battery solenoid just cranked it over it fired up ran rough cut off (this was w starting fluid) hooked the gas tank and everything up now my starter won’t spin over solenoid clicks... I’m assuming I need a new starter just wanted to ask around to first I can get a knock off on Amazon in 2-3 days that’s what I’m thinking ready to get this thing on the dirt road 😁

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the same problem any solutions? My pull rope is extremely difficult to pull. (This is a project machine that hasn’t been started in 7-8 years) I cleaned everything replaced all the missing/worn parts new carb battery solenoid just cranked it over it fired up ran rough cut off (this was w starting fluid) hooked the gas tank and everything up now my starter won’t spin over solenoid clicks... I’m assuming I need a new starter just wanted to ask around to first I can get a knock off on Amazon in 2-3 days that’s what I’m thinking ready to get this thing on the dirt road 😁
Also I tapped the starter and wanted to turn a couple times then just died off from there

1 - 4 of 4 Posts