Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a used 2001 Arctic Cat 250 2x4. Problem one; when it was running (after two weeks of fine running) the starter remained engaged and the ATV would NOT turn off VIA Kill switch and Key removal. After help on here and other ATV mechanics, deduced to bad solenoid/starter and replaced BOTH of them.
ATV then operated as 'normal'. Next...gave it an oil change (oil, filter). Oil cooler cracked a leak and had to replace that. Fixed it and the ATV was running BETTER than normal, until. ATV was started and stopped properly (no issues) at minimum 10-12 times yesterday alone, until...
At the end of last night, AGAIN the ATV would not turn off (the starter remained active). Stopped that by disconnecting the battery. Oh ****, not again.
This morning.....checked over all parts/connections and all seemed ok. Reattached the battery...and....the second i touched the cable to the battery's negative, a spark and the solenoid/ starter kicked in (same issue as before); NO KEY, NOT on RUN, nothing; it just starts cranking randomly.
I already have the manual (bought for $15 and will share with those who ask!) but now am lost. I do NOT want to take it in just yet because I am not ready to continually pour more money into it...already have sank nearly $200 in three weeks.
ANY HELP would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
37,308 Posts
Free service manual at countrycat.com
I would start with the ignition switch being bad.

·
Administrator
37,308 Posts
I have moved this to the correct forum and deleted your duplicate post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts