Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone tell me what’s going on with my 2014 zr9000 rr , when I shut it off it the ignition still keeps turning over and over , the only way to make it stop is to unhook the battery . Someone once said that sometimes the starter gets stuck on them and then have to give it a tap . Does anyone know where the starter is on these four strokes or a pic of where it is ? Thanks

·
Registered
10,132 Posts

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Page 47 indicates "make sure starter and cables are attached to engine". Now that to me does not sound promising if you need to get at or remove starter. It's located on back of motor. I also tried searching for same issue and found 1 thread but no answer to a solution. I can only think that is may be a stuck solenoid, whether it's the solenoid or a problem with constant power to it because of a short.

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
Page 133 tells you the bad news if you need to remove starter

·
Registered
131 Posts
like stated above, could be solenoid. also the relay could be sticking too if you can find that and pull it out. Perhaps the ignition switch is shorting. Could be a matter of disconnecting stuff until it stops. Hopefully not the starter. good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts