Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the bumper and rear flap setup on the new Procross, how are guys storing the sleds with the weight off the suspension? I had 2 stands for my previous Z1's that worked so easy, now the flap doesn't allow for them. Not a fan of the flap for tie-down or putting on covers either.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
If you're somewhat handy with wood (hell, if you're BARELY handy with wood!) you can make something up quick that will do the job.

Personally I see no advantage in raising the sled for storage (I understand the concept, but disagree with it's validity I should say), but I've built stands just to be able to run the track before... pretty easy.

If you can't find one cheap, I'd just go that route.

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I agree, there is no advantage. With racing cars which are supposed to be more receptive to spring rate changes than sleds, there were always guys that would hang there cars up on jack stands overnight before the race on sunday, it never made them win races. We never did it in all my years in the sport. Springs fatigue through use, not just sitting there holding something up. Do you take your valve/cam covers off and loosen your valves overnight? I think not. I can go up and down the street and no ones taking those covers off there cars overnight.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Have never raised the tracks on any of mine. But I do block up under the frt of the wifes Sabercat,and back off her springs. Both my sleds I have standing on piece's of that pink insulation board. Tiny piece's under ski carbides. And a piece as big as the track area. That way the studs have no pressure,try to push into the track for the long summer months. And will just pull up, that small amount of rebound out of shock. Good to go.

·
Premium Member
2,954 Posts
The one thing we do to keep the paddles at the front of the sled from folding on our older tracks was to toss a piece of wood between the paddles... on the challenger tracks they folded over so easily... with the powerclaw, the fingers seem to avoid that.

·
Super Moderator
9,370 Posts
If you really want to get the sled track off the floor, use a tie down strap over a rafter or ceiling mount.
Vehicle Automotive exterior Car Vehicle door Auto part

I use that method to run the sled when I'm at the house.(City living sucks BTW) The pic shows a pretty heavy strap, but any tie down strap would work.

Reactions: kalebtimberlake
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.