Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a new 2018 Stampede Oct of 2019. Not impressed. I had around 2000 easy miles on this thing and water pump was leaking oil according to the dealer so they replaced it under warranty in 2021. I have approx 500 miles since they replaced it and of course it is out of warranty. But I found it to be leaking oil suddenly just sitting in my garage. I checked the oil and added at least a court and started it up. I then got my dash panel flashing like crazy with an eng light on so I shut it off right away. checked my oil again and it was low. No leaks while running. I am guessing it is the water pump seals leaking again. Has anyone had this same issue? Also, does someone have a service manual that they could copy on the water pump and seal replacement? I am going to have to do it myself due to the dealer won't cover it. Also it sounds like I may need special seal driver tools to accomplish this repair. Does anyone know what tools and where I could purchase them?

·
Administrator
2,702 Posts
First you need to make sure its low on oil, and why the dash is blinking at you.
Never seen an oil leak from the water pump seals, only coolant. If you have to change them, there are special tools required though. Dealer you get the parts from will be able to get you the tools

1 - 3 of 3 Posts