Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loving ours so far, a machine that can work around the house but keep up with the pure sport machines anywhere. Would love to hear from other owners here.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Haven't started mine in 3 weeks, started right up and it's cold here. So far it's handled everything I've ask it to without locking the diff or putting it in 4 wheel of course still breaking it in so... Only neg so far is it doesn't have a parking brake.

Where's all the other Stampede owners??

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Just put on a hard roof and fold down windshield, perfect fit and super easy to follow instructions. Love it when everything is made here and goes together like it should.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I'm in Florida so we have to deal with the heat. That is my biggest complaint with it is inside the cab it gets HOT after riding for a while. I bought some firewall heat retardant material like you use in a racecar and put it on the firewall along with some foam pipe insulation in spots to stop up any air coming from the front radiator compartment into the cab area and it helped a lot. Sure wished they made some mesh doors for them. Actually have a welding buddy looking at mine now to see about fabbing up some square tubing and expanded metal doors so the air can flow through.

I use mine for hunting with dogs and I have a 6-bay dog box that I had built for it so I know I am maxing out the bed capacity. I have upgraded my springs and that helped a bunch.

Just carried it in for a 200 hr service and I have over 1600 miles on it. No real issues so for and it is a 2017 Stampede 900 EPS.

·
Administrator
35,437 Posts
Check with your dealer I heard something about a recall for the heat issue.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm in Florida so we have to deal with the heat. That is my biggest complaint with it is inside the cab it gets HOT after riding for a while. I bought some firewall heat retardant material like you use in a racecar and put it on the firewall along with some foam pipe insulation in spots to stop up any air coming from the front radiator compartment into the cab area and it helped a lot. Sure wished they made some mesh doors for them. Actually have a welding buddy looking at mine now to see about fabbing up some square tubing and expanded metal doors so the air can flow through.

I use mine for hunting with dogs and I have a 6-bay dog box that I had built for it so I know I am maxing out the bed capacity. I have upgraded my springs and that helped a bunch.

Just carried it in for a 200 hr service and I have over 1600 miles on it. No real issues so for and it is a 2017 Stampede 900 EPS.
Good idea on the mesh doors and as far as the heat, I haven't really had that problem but it's good to hear about tips etc to control such things. Glad to hear it's been fairly trouble free as mine has also, keep the ideas coming...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2017 Stampede, I love it except for a couple things. The heat in the cab, but I understand that adding a rear windshield will help solve that issue. The big thing is the in cab noise level. IS there anything that can be done to help with the in cab noise?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
5 Participants
bdb013
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing