Arctic Cat Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I didn't think there were existing holes. Do you get to the back side from underneath or hood area?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I didn't think there were existing holes. Do you get to the back side from underneath or hood area?
It is just below the brake master cylinder , you can reach it from inside the drivers side front fender well. Thats were I needed the help, someone to hold the nuts while I tightened from the cab area..

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
It is just below the brake master cylinder , you can reach it from inside the drivers side front fender well. Thats were I needed the help, someone to hold the nuts while I tightened from the cab area..
Any tricks to getting the inside nut on, looks like there's not much room for fingers back there??

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I had to epoxy washer/nut to backing plate on inside nut in order to make this work in such a tight area but seems to work pretty good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had to epoxy washer/nut to backing plate on inside nut in order to make this work in such a tight area but seems to work pretty good.
I had a friend help me hold the nut on the firewall side while I was inside, I also had to take about 1/8" of the plate, but the brake works well, I do suggest setting the brake first and then put it in Park.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Wife helped me, still a pain. Have to really push down on breaks to get the lever to lock but works good. Hope the firewall holds up over time....

21 - 29 of 29 Posts