Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sled seems to slowly creep ahead on it's own,after approx 50 miles the squealing has quieted down slightly,will this go away?the belt actually sits about 1/16-1/8th above secondary clutch now.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Your deflection is too high, tighten it up a tad, you want it so the track is trying to turn itself but won't turn in full rotations. I just went through this on my F7......good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If its a new belt, I wouldn't adjust deflection yet...Give the belt a chance to break in a little.

I took my belt off prior to summer storage, and when I first put it back on this season, it squealed during idle and creeped a little.

After a 100 miles or so, it was back to normal. My guess was that the belt shrunk a little over the summer.

In your case, its a new belt, probably just needs to break in.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
after a couple mles, the heat from the motor and clutches will dry it out...not quite sure what a wet belt looks like,, but keeping the clutch sheeves clean is good practice, even buffed with some sandpaper.... a slit squeal is good, too much and it builds heat and can wear on the primary... but like the others said, ride is nice and easy for 50 to 75 miles and the RIP on her...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well your belt is to tight. Same thing hapen to me this year after installing a new belt. Each belt have not exactly the same size even if it's the same number.
Solution: You just have to put a shim between your secondary. Dont touch to anything else. Try a small shim and if it still make noise replace it by a bigger, everything will be fine.
Sorry for my english.... :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well ,150 miles later and the belt still squeals,i guess i'm into adjusting/shimming my secondary,anyone give me a quick lesson on this as i'm a little less knowledgeable in the clutching dept....Thanks.

·
Registered
57 Posts
it's very easy realy. I bet you had a hard time getting your belt on and off two. Open your hood lift up your belt guard. Take out your side pannel at the secondary clutch if you don't know it the larger one. There should be a 9/16 bolt there remove the bolt. There should be a aluminum spacer there with a bunch of washers on it. set it down for a min take out your tool kit under the front part of your seat, there sould be a few washer there that size. Looking at the washers there and the ones on the spacer take off one think washer and replace it with a thiner one and that will fix the problem. Oh a litle hit if you take off all the washers and screw it back in your belt will come off easy for you if you need to change it in the future. But you have to put hte washers back on before you start it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the quick reply netstream,btw what is the torque spec on that 9/16 bolt.I'll try that and see what happens this wkend. :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.