Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 03 f7 std. and weigh 175. I am wondering what I should be running for preload on my rear shock spring? Or is this something that is set per rider and style of ridding?

·
Registered
205 Posts
Set it up the way you like it. If your talking about the springs on the far rear which have 3 positions I think the manual calls for position 1 for riders up to 180lbs but its all rider preference. Really all the suspension and coupler blocks settings are whatever works for you. Experiment a bit :chug:

·
Registered
309 Posts
The lowest setting should be fine unless you are a little aggressive then crank it up to the middle setting.You should not need the stiffest unless you are launching off approaches at 80 mph. :sledder:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Your rear bumber should drop arounf 3 inches when you sit on it. Butlike previously said,,, it's all about personal preferance

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your help so far, but the spring I am talking about is the coil spring for the rear shock body. On my motocross bikes it is important to have this set to your weight but do not know if this is important on a sled? If it is what are you setting yours at? I am trying to get the suspension in the rear not to buck so much on whooped out trails.

·
Registered
32 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mntacoma @ Jan 22 2007, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Thanks for your help so far, but the spring I am talking about is the coil spring for the rear shock body. On my motocross bikes it is important to have this set to your weight but do not know if this is important on a sled? If it is what are you setting yours at? I am trying to get the suspension in the rear not to buck so much on whooped out trails.[/b]
set it soft as you can,,, most comments I hear recommend 5mm preload (about 2 threads)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts