Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my h1 for 4 months now, and want to do somthings to make it turn, handle, and accelerate better.
I know If I wanted to ride a sport quad I should have bought one. I mainly ride mud and thats what I bought the H1 for, but down here in FL we are in a drought and there aint much mud so I find my self ridding alot of fast trails. What do ya'll think would help my H1 (which handles like a tank) 26" maxxis bighorns? swaybar? k&n air filter? pipe?

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
Get the tires first, even pumping the front stock tires up a little helps the handling. Then look into the swaybar. Make sure to check you front end alignment.
Someone with an H1 can tell you what mods will give the best accel.

WC

·
Registered
176 Posts
I'm looking at doing the same. I'll probably start with a new exhaust, cuz it needs to breathe easier if you want to get the most out of any other engine modifications. The tires can wait till they wear out I dont really have a need yet for a real agressive tread. I don't know what to think about the sway bar yet. I'd like to find a way to hook up a quick disconnect, because I dont want to loose the benefits of the independent suspension.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
First. Adjust the secondary clutch up on position and do the slide mod.
Second. 25" Bighorns. 26's are heavy and you will need to clutch it to keep the correct gearing. but are a great tire. I went back down to the 25 to regain the hole shot gearing. These tires are not awesone mud tires but work fine.
Third, SWAY BAR
This bike will only go 62 mph at 7200rpms then it hits rev limiter

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
im almost on the same boat myself.
i did the carb slide mod but i also decided to install the dynojet kit which i noticed a little more performance overall than just drilling a hole,2nd i just got my speedwerx clutch kit which works great to gain low end snap.
as far as an exh goes it isnt worth the xtra noise for 2-3 hp.
i did adjust my secondary like crazy cat described and it does take a little time but worth it especially when running big tires, im sure it helps with smaller tires as well.
as far as top speed goes with the stockers it now hits 64mph flat out bopping off the chip and thats with my garmin 60csx gps.
ive been looking for an 06 650h1 carb due to in 07 they went smaller 06s have a 40mm the 07s have a 35mm so to me im sure there can be a gain, although bigger is not always better but if you want to make power you need the eng to breath as freely as possible without slowing down velocity.
im in the middle of fabbing up a new head pipe and decided to make a step header (2 different size tubing).
im also very curious about speedwerx new ign box for the h-1 they say a gain of 5-6 mph top end but ive yet to hear of anyone that has tried it.ive also got a few more things up my sleeve but havent had the time to test them.
good luck :thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts