Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! Starting to restore my old Jag 4000. My engine plate says spirit 5000 ad50f5. If i Google it says eltigre f/a engine 1980 but i have a f/c engine? Parts are they all the same for spirit 5000?

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Sounds like someone changed motor from a Pantera as they were fan cooled 500's. As far as parts interchange, use this website link to look at parts you need. When you find part, click on "where used" and go from there. One other thing is I could not find info on a Jag 4000 being manufactured. There's a Trail Cat 4000 and Jags were 2000 / 3000

https://www.blwpartsfiche.com/

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Swedish edition. JAG 4000 LT spirit 440 is the original engine
Yeah the cats parts site for lookup just says Jag or Jag LT but they have 440 as motor.

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Boss cat shows the 1980 Scandinavian models. The Boss Cat Legacy Your machine has a transplant 500 fan cooled engine. Parts for the fan cooled do not interchange with the free air, but parts are available. As much as some people hate it, ebay is a fine source, and so is your local snowmobile salvage yard, if you have one available. Some yards will ship if you need too.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Jag 4000 was a one year only
Model for 1981. They used the same engine as the 1981 Panther 4000 FC. Cat made a parts manual but no shop manual for this sled. Dropping in the 500 fanner was a common junk yard mod back in the day, for any bubble hood Jag. You went from 30 or 40 hp to almost 50 and gained a lot of torque. They also made the 4000 LT work sled that year available in the USA. One year only. I got a parts manual and I’ll email a scanned copy to whoever wants it .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
gbarchives-eltigre
Arctic Cat Forum
Arctic Cat forum is a community to discuss Arctic Cat 400, 440, 500, 650, snowmobiles, sleds, ATV's and more. Join the fun!
Full Forum Listing