Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever noticed that even though speedwerx has been making exhausts for the cats for a while, they still have the "proto type" picture up?

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
that should be a good thing right, spending more time on r and d then worring about pictures but you are correct they should be showing the finish product. did they ever finish the system for the 400/500 guys?

·
Registered
34 Posts
When I talked with the 3 weeks ago about a pipe for my 500 they said their too busy working on sled stuff right now. The pipe will be ready around April but they were more than willing to take my money and ship the pipe April. hahaha :stop_nono:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Wow, they told me 5 months ago it would be done in a month or so. Glad I didnt wait for them. HMF all the way!

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
bucanoles, does that avitar break down on you a lot? lol i'm must messin with ya man...

how much is the hmf running? is it the same pipe for the 700?

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (six-ohh @ Jan 18 2007, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
bucanoles, does that avitar break down on you a lot? lol i'm must messin with ya man...

how much is the hmf running? is it the same pipe for the 700?[/b]

HAHA, I was about to get midevil on your ass. J/K :tongue_nana: Love the D-Max BTW.

I dont know about the pipe. I think I have to order one for an H1 and then fab a bracket. I just dont know where to get them at other than straight from HMF. Dont know about the 700's.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Hey guys, just had a return email today from speedwerx. They said the same thing enilkm said. I asked about noise over the stock pipe the reply was "more deeper sounding but yes it is louder" at 96db.Does any one know the db rating of a stock 500 cat? Also jeting is supplies with the pipe. Improvment expectations are more low and mid range, more throtle response and more pulling power.Anybody have any experiance with this pipe, or is it such a new product that they will not be releasing the first one till spring.

Autocat :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'll let you know when I get mine. I just ordered one yesterday. I asked how long it will take to ship, but I haven't received a reply yet. If it is going to take a long time to get, I may cancel my order and try to get an HMF along with a Dynojet kit.

Rick

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
i might just wait on copperhead (or somone) to make me CDi box and then see.. i have never wanted a pipe before because i just never felt the need for it. i like to jam the mp3's on my bike.. if i want to hear exhaust noise i have a strait piped sixohh powerstroke that will fill that void just fine...

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kevinbender0311 @ Jan 16 2007, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
that should be a good thing right, spending more time on r and d then worring about pictures but you are correct they should be showing the finish product. did they ever finish the system for the 400/500 guys?[/b]

I totally agree about the r&d but they have stated a few times that the new pipes would be ready by now. Most of the sales they could have gotten have now went with HMF and they don't even really make a pipe for the 400's or 500's. By the time that "werx" puts the pipe out for the 05's, there may be no market left.

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
Speaking of that, my HMF is on it's way to me. :super_happy: Now I have to get that green beast jetted and I'll be good to go! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
140 Posts
I received an email from speedwerx and they told me that pipe would not be completed until April or so. Looks like I'll have to go to hmf or supertrapp.

Anyone else have and 06 500 that they have piped and jetted? What did you use? How is it working for you?

Thanks.

Rick

·
Premium Member
627 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tailslid1 @ Jan 27 2007, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I received an email from speedwerx and they told me that pipe would not be completed until April or so. Looks like I'll have to go to hmf or supertrapp.

Anyone else have and 06 500 that they have piped and jetted? What did you use? How is it working for you?

Thanks.

Rick[/b]

There are others on here, I should have my pipe in the mail today, when i get it installed and jetted I will put what I used in my sig.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
yeah, he sure did

1 - 17 of 17 Posts