Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
JUST GOT BACK FROM MICHIGAN AND RACED MY BUDDY 10-15 TIMES AND HE WALKS BY ME AT ABOUT 80MPH LIKE I AM STANDING STILL. HE HAS THE SAME SLED AS I DO BUT HIS IS BONE STOCK. I HAVE A SPEEDWERX PIPE, D&D Y-PIPE, SPEEDWERX CLUTCHING TO GO WITH THE PIPE. I HAVE A BOONEDOCKER BUT HAVE NOT PLAYED WITH THAT YET. WE BOTH HAVE 400MILES ON THEM, WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? DO YOU LOSE TOP END WITH THIS SET UP? I dunno

·
Registered
130 Posts
Let me guess....you kill him out of the hole then he passes you like nothing..?? Get rid of the speedwerx clutching, I had the same issues with my 05, it was insane out of the hole but lacked huge in the top! Once I put the ODS clutch kit in it was a nite and day difference, not as crazy out of the hole but better throughout all together! Your buddy won't be killing you. Have you checked your plugs to see how your sled is running? What kind of rpm is it holding at wot? Wanna sell your y-pipe??...LOL

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I AM RUNNING [email protected] WOT. JUST TALKED WITH SPEEDWERX TODAY THEY SAID THAT THE RUMBLE PACK WOULD MAKE ME LEAN OUT AT TOP END, THEY SAID PUT THE STOCK SILENCER BACK ON. THEY GAVE ME BOONDOCKER SETTINGS FOR THE PIPE WITH STOCK SILENCER. THEY SAID THIS SHOULD TAKE CARE OF IT. I SURE HOPE SO!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FIRECAT ER @ Jan 8 2007, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I AM RUNNING [email protected] WOT. JUST TALKED WITH SPEEDWERX TODAY THEY SAID THAT THE RUMBLE PACK WOULD MAKE ME LEAN OUT AT TOP END, THEY SAID PUT THE STOCK SILENCER BACK ON. THEY GAVE ME BOONDOCKER SETTINGS FOR THE PIPE WITH STOCK SILENCER. THEY SAID THIS SHOULD TAKE CARE OF IT. I SURE HOPE SO!!!!!!!!![/b]
You shouldn't need the boondocker for the mods you have! I can almost guaranty you that the rumble pack isn't causing you to get killed that bad! They use a Titanium primary spring (sno cross) guys love these as they shoot you out of the hole and they don't need the top end as say yourself. Have you tried reading your plugs, this should tell you if you're rich or lean. Their cluching is off in my opinion, but that's just because it didn't work for me. your sled could be totally different. Did you race your buddy before you did your mods?

·
Registered
132 Posts
I use the Blue-Ti and Green-Green-Ti springs in my sleds and wouldn't run anything but Ti, they last for years and there is no top end problems(trust me,mine don't bind)if the clutching is off it's NOT the primary spring.JMO

Oh and I run the STOCK can on my F9,go figure!!

·
Registered
302 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (salley347 @ Jan 8 2007, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FIRECAT ER @ Jan 8 2007, 08:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I AM RUNNING [email protected] WOT. JUST TALKED WITH SPEEDWERX TODAY THEY SAID THAT THE RUMBLE PACK WOULD MAKE ME LEAN OUT AT TOP END, THEY SAID PUT THE STOCK SILENCER BACK ON. THEY GAVE ME BOONDOCKER SETTINGS FOR THE PIPE WITH STOCK SILENCER. THEY SAID THIS SHOULD TAKE CARE OF IT. I SURE HOPE SO!!!!!!!!![/b]
You shouldn't need the boondocker for the mods you have! I can almost guaranty you that the rumble pack isn't causing you to get killed that bad! They use a Titanium primary spring (sno cross) guys love these as they shoot you out of the hole and they don't need the top end as say yourself. Have you tried reading your plugs, this should tell you if you're rich or lean. Their cluching is off in my opinion, but that's just because it didn't work for me. your sled could be totally different. Did you race your buddy before you did your mods?
[/b][/quote]

Might not need the boondocker, but with adding the speedwerx pipe too mine, i changed to 1.5g lighter weights and leaned out everything a bit(2 to 5 points) except the 6700 range....

·
Registered
130 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cjt @ Jan 8 2007, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I use the Blue-Ti and Green-Green-Ti springs in my sleds and wouldn't run anything but Ti, they last for years and there is no top end problems(trust me,mine don't bind)if the clutching is off it's NOT the primary spring.JMO

Oh and I run the STOCK can on my F9,go figure!![/b]
In my opinion, a 310lb primary (tit) spring is too much for the F7 going with 73.5 gr weights. I agree with you that there may be other issues, I start off by checking plugs after a run and then determine if it's rich or lean. In most cases, if you lean it out a little, it'll be a little quicker untill it goes BOOM!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PTO SIDE IS A BIT LEANER THAN THE MAG SIDE. I KNOW I DIDNT NEED THE BOONDOCKER, IT IS HELPFULL TO TWEAK EVERYTHING JUST RIGHT. I MOSTLY BOUGHT IT FOR TWIN PIPES THAT WILL BE COMING SOONER THAN LATER. THE SETTINGS SPEEDWERX GAVE ME LEANED EVERYTHING OUT BUT THE 6700 RPM RANGE LIKE CAZWELLS.

·
Registered
130 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FIRECAT ER @ Jan 9 2007, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
PTO SIDE IS A BIT LEANER THAN THE MAG SIDE. I KNOW I DIDNT NEED THE BOONDOCKER, IT IS HELPFULL TO TWEAK EVERYTHING JUST RIGHT. I MOSTLY BOUGHT IT FOR TWIN PIPES THAT WILL BE COMING SOONER THAN LATER. THE SETTINGS SPEEDWERX GAVE ME LEANED EVERYTHING OUT BUT THE 6700 RPM RANGE LIKE CAZWELLS.[/b]
What do you consider lean? Can you post pics of your plugs? Yeah the boondocker is a nice added touch! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ITS NOT TO LEAN, ITS GOLDEN BROWN LIKE IT SHOULD BE. ITS JUST RUNNING LEANER THAN THE MAG SIDE, WHICH IS KINDA DARK.

·
Registered
132 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (FIRECAT ER @ Jan 9 2007, 07:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ITS NOT TO LEAN, ITS GOLDEN BROWN LIKE IT SHOULD BE. ITS JUST RUNNING LEANER THAN THE MAG SIDE, WHICH IS KINDA DARK.[/b]

Put the Trim on your Boondocker box at +3 at all rpm ranges and that will even things out(the trim controls the pto cyl)...mine is the same way,+3 all the way!!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I WILL DO THAT. HOOKED UP MY B.D. AND THE RPM RANGES ARE SET UP FOR NITROUS, 3000,5000,6300,7200,8100 AND 8500 RPMS. CALLED SPEDWERX TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD STILL USE IT, AND HE SAID HE WOULD GET BACK TO ME. THE NUMBERS THEY GAVE ME WERE FOR 3000,5000,6700, AND 7800 RPMS THE BOX WITH OUT NITROUS NUMBERS.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts