Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the bike to the dealer today to get the clutch kit installed. I have ridden it around today after the install and can say that low end torque is definitely improved. The secondary spring that came with the kit was around 1" longer than the stock spring. Also, the stock rollers were 1.183" on the O.D. and .714" on the I.D. The kit rollers are 1.1" on the O.D. and .553" on the I.D. The widths were the same. The kit I got from Speedwerx is there part number CKA700ATV-2. I was afraid that after spending the money I would not be able to tell a significant difference, but you can.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Blowfish.How much top end did you loose do you think?Did it turn it into a wheelie machine?Im not real concerned about top end loss if i do the cluthing,But I do not want it to turn into a wheelie machine climbing hills either.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mud dude. It is not a wheelie machine. In low, if you punch it, it will come up though. What I noticed is an increase in low end torque. For example, if you are climbing a hill and stop the ATV in the middle of the climb, it would normally take some time for the clutch to engage and pull you on up. With this setup, it engages sooner. Aa far as top end, I do not know. Since I put the clutch in I have not had it over 30mph.

Law'd 700. The specs were for an AC700 with 27"+ tires and 0-5000 elevation.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Blofish thanks for the comment.So do you think you would recommend this set up?I am mostly a trail rider I now have 26" swamplites but am in talks with the wife for some 27" outlaw mst's.That is the only reason I was thinking of a clutch

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Sounds good. Was it hard to put in.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If I had it to do over again, I would get the clutch kit. I know it helped considerably on almost eliminating the low end lag I had with the stock clutch. I did not put it in myself. The dealer did it for me for $75. I would have liked to have done it, but I do not have the time. Also, I did not have all the tools needed to do it. The instructions that come with the kit are very basic. I was told by Speedwerx that it would be very helpful to have the service manual for the ATV. I have an operation manual, but do not even know where to begin to get a service manual. I asked my dealer and he said they have one set and that Arctic Cat does not give them extras. Any you guys know where to get manuals for the 700?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Your dealer can order the service manual for you. Cat offers both a paperback and CD edition. They're not cheap but will pay for themselves over time if you do your own maint and repair. I believe these are the correct numbers but please double check before ordering. These seem to cover a lot of models so that is why I would double check first. Might be a more specific version available. Definitely available to you though.

CD Edition Part# 2257-695
Paper Edition Part# 2257-693

These numbers are listed on the Alpha Sports website so if your dealer gives you grief, order from them or another online Cat dealer.

I'll also double check for you with my buddy. He was ordering one from his dealer for his 700. Will see what number he ordered.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the help topgun.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I took care of alot of my low end lag> I install the power commander box works awesome.The only comparison i have is side by side with one without off the line can get them every time by about 1-2 quad lengths.But like I said I think I may do it if I get those tires.The reason that is only comparison never rode mine b4 the box was installed

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Where did you get the power comander. I this a speedwrecks purchas.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Ordered thru my dealer.It is the one for the King Quad.We downloaded the same settings that D Rath uses on his race 700.I believe Dyno Jett is behind the Powere Commander

·
Registered
454 Posts
It will not void your warrenty.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
Actually it will void your warranty if your dealer is real picky and finds out about it. ANY modification to the stock configuration of your quad (minus changing the tires with stock size) will void the warranty. Now, if you have a dealer that will look the other way, then you're fine.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Clutch kit is a pretty simple install. if you feel comfortable changing your belt you could do a clutch kit.

the sec spring is a little more involved with needing a compression tool chich can be made with some 3/4 threaded rod and some scrap steel. but he the rollers are not hard and will require a 17mm socket. to remove the cover. otherwise both spring and rollers will need a another simple made tool to prevent the clutch from turning when re torquing .

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mud dude @ Feb 3 2007, 08:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I took care of alot of my low end lag> I install the power commander box works awesome.The only comparison i have is side by side with one without off the line can get them every time by about 1-2 quad lengths.But like I said I think I may do it if I get those tires.The reason that is only comparison never rode mine b4 the box was installed[/b]
Where did you buy it and how much did it cost. Tks

·
Registered
434 Posts
Cardio my dealer got it and installed it and downloaded the same maps that D Rath uses I believe thats the set up he used.It was like 349.00.I do believe after riding yesterday I am going to go a head and clutch it also.It spun my tires fine but i just dont like that split sec of delay.I was spinning 27" outlaws.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (mud dude @ Mar 18 2007, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Cardio my dealer got it and installed it and downloaded the same maps that D Rath uses I believe thats the set up he used.It was like 349.00.I do believe after riding yesterday I am going to go a head and clutch it also.It spun my tires fine but i just dont like that split sec of delay.I was spinning 27" outlaws.[/b]

Thanks mud dude

1 - 19 of 19 Posts