Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is that post about issues with Speedwerks exhaust i cant seem to find it or the persons name that was assisting them when searching and speedwerks is giving me the run around on a 3 month old pipe, Thanks..

·
Registered
5,165 Posts
So what happened to your Muffler..???

I put a SW pipe on my 500 and would like to hear what issue you had so i can keep a eye on mine. I did up my pilot jet to a 48# from a 45# because i had red that backfiring was hard on the muffler and i wanted to make sure it did not do that.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
This is Jeremy @ Speedwerx have you been in direct contact with us or is your dealer giving you this info.

There are not damaged mufflers we have at this time.

Call us please 651-982-6020

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Speedwerx Inc. @ Dec 22 2009, 08:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
This is Jeremy @ Speedwerx have you been in direct contact with us or is your dealer giving you this info.

There are not damaged mufflers we have at this time.

Call us please 651-982-6020[/b]
See now i gotta give props to Speedwerx. Everytime someone has a complaint or a question about their product on this site they are usually prompt with an answer or if there is a problem they make it known that they are willing to help by giving their number out and the name of who posted it....

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks jeremy, were dealing with speedwerks directly, the exhaust blew out 3 of screw holes on side of the pipe.. Calling first thing in the morning thanks..

GWC its not my pipe that done it, its one of my older friends that doesnt have internet access..The pipe is only like 4 months old but mine has been going strong for a year with no issues.

·
Registered
263 Posts
A buddy of mine wants to sell his Speedwerx slip-on pipe because he feels its too loud. He had it on his 550 for a very short time and is offering me a good deal. I have an 08 700 (zuk), will that pipe work for me?

Also, i'm not sure how old the pipe is but it looks pretty mint and baerly used, so I was wondering if I run into issues with it after a few months of use, how good is the warranty (if any) on the pipe?

thanks,
G

·
Registered
75 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gforce_15 @ Dec 24 2009, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
A buddy of mine wants to sell his Speedwerx slip-on pipe because he feels its too loud. He had it on his 550 for a very short time and is offering me a good deal. I have an 08 700 (zuk), will that pipe work for me?

Also, i'm not sure how old the pipe is but it looks pretty mint and baerly used, so I was wondering if I run into issues with it after a few months of use, how good is the warranty (if any) on the pipe?

thanks,
G[/b]
im gunna say no not even close.....have you ever looked at speedwerx website....they offer pipes for all kinds of modles and the reason is becuase they have different pipes for different engine sizes and its all different...your y pipe mght be different...but hey if you want beg problems them go ahead by all means do it

·
Premium Member
1,911 Posts
Considering it is a slip-on measure the od of both header pipes and see if they are the same size. They should be close if not the same pipe. I know their exhuast from a 650 will fit a 400.

Also we dont have y pipes on anything but the twins. Considering he is asking about a 550 and a 700 those are singles.

·
Registered
263 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nwngunner @ Dec 25 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Considering it is a slip-on measure the od of both header pipes and see if they are the same size. They should be close if not the same pipe. I know their exhuast from a 650 will fit a 400.

Also we dont have y pipes on anything but the twins. Considering he is asking about a 550 and a 700 those are singles.[/b]

thanks nwngunner...I'll have to take a close look and do some measuring to see if it will work...

Oh, and I was wrong. The pipe is off of an 07 650 H1. Not sure if that makes any difference in terms of whether it will work for my 700.

thanks

·
Registered
672 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gforce_15 @ Jan 5 2010, 12:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nwngunner @ Dec 25 2009, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Also we dont have y pipes on anything but the twins. Considering he is asking about a 550 and a 700 those are singles.[/b]

thanks nwngunner...I'll have to take a close look and do some measuring to see if it will work...

Oh, and I was wrong. The pipe is off of an 07 650 H1. Not sure if that makes any difference in terms of whether it will work for my 700.

thanks
[/b][/quote]
It still wont fit, the suzuki has a different head pipe

·
Registered
225 Posts
I got my pipe about 18 months ago. I have raced with it 4 times...before the third race (in november) I noticed that the front end cap had come out of the case part way..I took it off and 3 of the 4 screws had tore through the casing. I put washers on them and pushed the front back in and tightened it...but after the race last saturday, they had started to come out again...Maybe speedwerx should changed the length of the end cap so the screws are further down the case. My AC dealer is going to call speedwerx tomorrow, and see what they can do..I'm sure it only had a 12 month warranty. Less than 500 miles on the pipe. I love it though.

TCAT

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
This is caused from too much back pressure, as the system gets rode in the mud / water build up develops on every ride making it worse and worse.

I would suggest a snorkel to help reduce the chance of this happening.

Also worst case if it is not covered under warranty, we can just weld the inlet back on.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I don't ride in mud or water. I live in NM. and we just have desert racing. Heck, I don't remember when I saw mud or water last.

TCAT

·
Registered
344 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TCATROCKS @ Jan 20 2010, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I got my pipe about 18 months ago. I have raced with it 4 times...before the third race (in november) I noticed that the front end cap had come out of the case part way..I took it off and 3 of the 4 screws had tore through the casing. I put washers on them and pushed the front back in and tightened it...but after the race last saturday, they had started to come out again...Maybe speedwerx should changed the length of the end cap so the screws are further down the case. My AC dealer is going to call speedwerx tomorrow, and see what they can do..I'm sure it only had a 12 month warranty. Less than 500 miles on the pipe. I love it though.

TCAT[/b]
Other than this issue how do you like the pipe? I'm assuming it's a slip on right? How does it sound? Much louder than stock? Any performance gain noticed?
Thanks TCAT!

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
I have a SW pipe. I also have their HC piston and cam. This fall I put the stock exhaust back on just because I didn't want the louder pipe on for plowing and ice fishing and hunting (it's not obnoxiously loud, but it is louder than stock). After putting on the stock muffler, I had to rejet the main jet from a 155 down to a 142 and I was still a tad rich. I'm using an air/fuel mixture gauge to see where my ratio is, so it's not a guess or a "feel"...strictly factual. That tells the story in my book.

·
Registered
225 Posts
It made a big difference. I'm going to have my Dealer order another one tomorrow. it was the best thing I did, besides the speedwerx clutch kit, and the stabilizer bar. Out of the three...Stabilizer bar was the best mod.

TCAT

p.s. My dealer got a call back from speedwerx. They said that if we send the other one back, they may decide to discount a new one, or fix the one we send back. I personally don't want to pay to ship something if the say "MAY" discount. I should take some digital pics and send it to them. I know when I took the end off, the packing still looked practically new.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Okay, so I took pictures of my old exhaust, wanted to show you what I was talking about...The first 2 pics are of the old one..and the third picture is of the new one installed...the way it's installed is exactly the same as the old one...got me thinking...I have to pry up the exaust bracket on the bottom of the pipe to get it past the bracket for the shock. Then it's very close to the bracket once it's in place..wonder if that's hitting the pipe when riding aggressively....For those of you that have the speedwerx pipe, is that the same way yours looks? It seems like the bracket on the pipe could almost be moved forward 1/2" to totally be past the shock mount.

TCAT

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts