Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought my first Arctic Cat (2012 700i GT) and for some reason the dealer provided no manuals (on order...). I see that I have speedracks front and back but have no clue how they differ from any other ATV rack. Should I have received a manual on the speedrack system or any additional parts?

Any help understanding how to use the AC Speedrack would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Barry

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
They have accessories that slide into the slots on the top and sides. The accessories are then secured by pins. There are two types of speedracks, one is heavy duty with side slots, the other is smaller with no side slots. If you go to the Arctic Cat website, download the catalog and it will show you the accessories available for your machine.

·
Premium Member
167 Posts
As well the speed rack system allows you to securely place storage boxes, chainsaws, lights ect with just pins......no straps, and holds them firmly. They are great. It is one of the best features I like about my Cat.

·
Registered
711 Posts
You can see the accessory book on line too. Just go to cats website. It will give you a better idea of what the system is and what you can do with the racks. Note, you have the smaller racks 08-present models. Less attatchment points....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Should I have received anything when I bought the quad or do I need to order these pins as a speedrack accessory?

Barry

·
Administrator
7,932 Posts
pins need to be ordered

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do they sell the quick release inserts so I can make my own accessories? I want to mount my RotoPax fuel packs on the rear rack.

Barry

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
Do they sell the quick release inserts so I can make my own accessories? I want to mount my RotoPax fuel packs on the rear rack.

Barry
I've made a few attachments from 5/8" square key stock. Cut to desired length,drill a 1/4" hole and weld on your home brew attachment. Hold in place with lynch pins from hardware store. 12" of keystock is just solid square bar and sells for a few dollars a stick

1 - 8 of 8 Posts