Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone Using Iridium Spark Plugs? Cost being no object...are they better than platnium?

·
Registered
10,000 Posts
I believe that there are a few members on here who are using them. It seems that I remember seeing a post on a topic similar to this before. Hopefully, someone who uses them will be by soon to give you some firsthand feedback! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Wyo_H1_Cat

·
Premium Member
15,413 Posts
I'm using them in my sled & ATV.

I can't tell the difference between them and stock. I've swapped back & forth, and there is no difference in anything.

The biggest difference I found was the CopperHead multi-spark ignition (starting, not performance). Even with the CopperHead and swapping back & forth from iridium to stock plugs, I still couldn't tell the difference.

It's possible a dyno or other engine performance/efficiency measuring system(s) might detect a difference in power... But the sled & ATV feel exactly the same from the human perspective.

I might have noticed a significant difference in plugs if the stockers were fouled or had some other problem, but this was not the case.

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I have denso iridium plugs. I feel i have gained a little better response, starting is easier, and gas milage may have slightly improved

·
Registered
300 Posts
iridium plugs work very well, i have noticed my quad starts and idles better. I would not recommend using them in snowmobiles though, as it is very hard to tell if you are running rich or lean

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I know about spark plugs.. there really is no power gain from a plug that is substantial... some gain can be made by "indexing" the plug ... most gain is made in the ignition or how much power (current) from the ignition acctually sparks at the plug...

Platnuims last roughly twice as long in my trucks ...

I was thinking more along the lines of less chance of fowling plugs, and logitivity of the tip, and side electrode as compared to standard plugs...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts