Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to know what I can run for a different plug besides the junk Champion. 07 650 H1..
The plug is fine but after swamping it, Im gonna just change it out with hopfully something better.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
NGK CPR8E #5411 at Napa. There is also a real good thread in the tech section.

·
Premium Member
19,631 Posts
It should be noted that when I went to Napa, they looked up the NGK plug for my 05 H1 and it was a CR7E (just a step hotter plug). Not sure which is right, or if they both will work fine. I am running the CR7E and have no issues yet, but just installed it last week.

·
Premium Member
500 Posts
Yeah Sanny; I don't know which is the "correct" one either. Napa crossed the Champion and came up with that NGK CPR8E; and since it was one of the choices listed in the other thread I went for it. Put it in Thursday a week ago and rode it hard all weekend at Soggy Bottom (Bryan) Tx with no issues. I dunno

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
The NGK book lists the CPR8E as the direct replacement. I used a CR8E from a 1996-1999 454 and have had no trouble. This is a 2 ground electrode design.

~Fast

·
Registered
11 Posts
On my 07 650 the manual lists the Champion plug but on the data sticker left side front by the radiator it list the NGK CR6E as the correct spark plug.

Not sure which is the correct one.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey, not to hijack the thread, just wanted to state that with the ngk plugs the lower the number the hotter heat range it is. On my 04 650v2 I had some issues with autolite and champion plugs. Couldnt get the ngks for a few days. You may try the ngk iridium or standard ngk. The 7 series should work as long as the letters match up. Each letter and number reference is broken down on the ngk website. You may want to look to them first. Also in my area the advance auto sells the ngk iridium plugs for around 5.50 each, compared to around 4 for the standards. You will usually have to order them in but IMHO it is well worth the day or 2 wait. The iridium Numbers are CR7EIX, CR6EIX and these seem to be a very good plug. Good enough that I switched my fleet of 17 Polaris MV700atv's in OEF to them and with zero other changes eliminated the hard starting, bogging, backfiring issues and fouling that they all had with the factory champions. I had these plugs in for 8 months of hard riding with crappy at best fuel and the plugs still looked good at the last checkup before turning them over to my replacements. Sorry for the wandering of thoughts but I hope this helps and that you get your atv going a 100% again MLH25

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
I only run NGK even in the lawnmower, the Champion plugs don't seem to run as good wiht old gas and they also seem to foul faster, just my .02 :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
I also use Iridium plugs, i just put Denso Iridium plugs in it a few weeks ago

1 - 9 of 9 Posts