Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
BR9EIX SOLID ...

does anyone use these instead of BR9EYA ....

and what would be the benifits or harm.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I loked on a NGK plug chart and found every number and letter but the "I"?? I use NGK BR9ECS plugs.

Auggie

·
Registered
759 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (grizzrock_X7 @ Jan 31 2007, 04:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
BR9EIX SOLID ...

does anyone use these instead of BR9EYA ....

and what would be the benifits or harm.[/b]
The EIX are uridium small tip. They have very low resistance so all the CDI power gets to the cylinder when cold. If the plug has a high resistance when cold it will get better with heat but when it is -30C out you don't want t have to take the plugs out of your laydown to put on the wood stove for a bit. These two pulls every time. With more resistance in the plug the power is like a water hose. IF the end of the hose (being the plug wire) is closed off the water pressure needs to get out some how (water being power from the CDI) the water will find the path of least resistance to get out or relive the pressure. The plug wire will shoot sparks out the side of it to where ever when the plug is cold.

I have run them in race motors and love them. The only problem is the cost and with a big block V8 they add up. I had the hydro go out once when I had my car running in the shop with the hood off. With the EYA's there was sparks shooting out of the 8.8mm silicone wires all over the place in the dark. The MSD6AL hits like a hammer when you touch one of those wires. With the EIX's no more christmass tree under the hood and more stable idle.

Don.

P.S. A little tip you can get a half a heat range by changing the gap. Open .005 is cooler and closed .005 is hotter.

·
Registered
275 Posts
very good info, thanks.

could you talk about whats going on when you are on the lean side and these eix plugs or gapping cooler or hotter on the regular plugs? I assume from your last post you run these plugs in your sleds don?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts