Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on ski doo revs for the last 6 years. Before that I was a long time cat guy. I consider myself a semi aggressive groomed trail rider, and would like to try a SP 500. With the shocks revalved and a tunnel bag, would I be happy putting on 100-150 miles a day with this sled? Thanks

·
Super Moderator
8,545 Posts
I have been on ski doo revs for the last 6 years. Before that I was a long time cat guy. I consider myself a semi aggressive groomed trail rider, and would like to try a SP 500. With the shocks revalved and a tunnel bag, would I be happy putting on 100-150 miles a day with this sled? Thanks

should be. I just put 190 miles on mine in one day. no different than anyother sled.

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
The only thing stopping myself from having one is the lack of reverse.

·
Registered
202 Posts
How often do you really use it. Gas stations in garage pulling off trailer. I've had reverse on my sleds also but don't really miss it. I had a 2010 ski doo renegade Bought it brand knew never even rode it once I rode the 500 it was gone.

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
How often do you really use it. Gas stations in garage pulling off trailer. I've had reverse on my sleds also but don't really miss it. I had a 2010 ski doo renegade Bought it brand knew never even rode it once I rode the 500 it was gone.

No way, my D.I.S.H (diffuse idiopathic skeletal hyperostosis) in my back says there will be rewind on the sled.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am also very curious to see what people's opinions are on this sled. I have been out of the trail riding scene for about 10 years due to western riding. After riding my father's '94 Indy Sport over the weekend, I really need to find a new trail sled. To me the 500 SP seams like a dead winner, but just curious to see what peoples opinions are as a ditch banger/trail sled. My only worry would be the modesty of the 500 engine. My last trail sled was an 02 ZR 500 CC that ran great, but that motor is a bit different (Power Valves).

·
Registered
567 Posts
The 500 has plenty of power for ditch banging and trail riding. Other than lake running, you wont need any more power to run away from almost anything on the trails. The chassis more than makes up for the lack of HP.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts