Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone tried to put a 136 or 144" track on a SP500? If so how well did it work and what size lug was the track?

·
Super Moderator
8,546 Posts
that sled is far from a 500... Lots of people are running extend sno pros. a 136 will fit under it with little work. The only issue i would see doing it to a sp 500 is chocking the sled down with that big track.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i plan on putting the Bikeman 730 kit on it so it will have plenty of power. if i left the track the same length would a 1.75" track fit?

·
Registered
567 Posts
I would like to see a 136 sled. What skid frame is used to convert it or does someone make some extensions. That would be a pretty sweet combo with the 730!! Greg, that mod sled is far from a 500, but certainly one of the coolest SPs I have seen yet. Too bad Cat didn't produce more models on this chassis.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would like to see a 136 sled. What skid frame is used to convert it or does someone make some extensions. That would be a pretty sweet combo with the 730!! Greg, that mod sled is far from a 500, but certainly one of the coolest SPs I have seen yet. Too bad Cat didn't produce more models on this chassis.
Id get the custom rails from Iceage Performance and just use the existing suspension. i believe that would work and the rails are only $500 for the pair to any length you want. maybe ill go to a 151" haha

·
Super Moderator
8,546 Posts

to get a 136 under it, a rail extensions is all you need or a set back. and the track.

I wish cat would have made the pro-cross by changing the body panels on this sled and calling it a new chassis. It is pretty much bomb proof.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
would a 1.7" or 1.75" track fit in it?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what driver would it need?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
how hard is that to change? or can i order a Sno Pro 500 with a 1.7" track instead of the stock 1"?

·
Super Moderator
8,546 Posts
how hard is that to change? or can i order a Sno Pro 500 with a 1.7" track instead of the stock 1"?

IMO the 1.7 sucks for anything other sno cross racing or 100 percent off trail. The sp500 now comes with the cobra. that is good all around track for that sled. To change the track is not that hard. take the shaft and put the track on check for clearence. if it wont fit put a used slipper shaft and drivers off a 08 to 2010 sx 600

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well id like to have something taller then 1" cause i do a lot of boondocking and ditchbanging with the deeper snow and to me the stock track dont seem tall enough. i could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Interesting

1 - 16 of 16 Posts