Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if South Dakota has a limit on how loud the sleds can be on the trails? I know some states have like an 88decibel law. Does SD have any laws restricting the exhaust on a sled?

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Yah, I honestly don't know why noise is a big deal except in residential areas...

Not to start a debate but if your in a wooded area, what is the noise doing to the critters of all sizes that are already stressed out because of the snow, lack of food, water, warmth ect..... So yes it does affect more than just the residential areas if you stop and think. But most could give a rats a$$ about this.

·
Premium Member
8,589 Posts
Meh if you think about it they wil hear it and get scared and run away instead of getting turned into hamburger from my sled hitting em
And that my friend is what causes the "more stress" issue on wildlife. But can you answer why???
We could discuss this all night, I along with others here I'm sure teach this stuff during our classes, we are always being updated with new findings. Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to cause issues or get under anyone's skin, but all it takes is a little consideration not only for the neighbors, but any and all wildlife and things will be a better for all.

Reactions: chris111179

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It is most definately a touchy subject. But where I live, the coyotes get annihilated by guys on sleds every winter... So regardless of whether or not the animals get startled by volume, the game wardens are spending all their time catching guys who are actually running animals over.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts