Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son just bought an '01 ZR 600. The secondary has an aftermarket helix, and I imagine the primary has been messed with as well. The p.o. didn't have it set up very well either so we're going to just return everything to stock. The Cat website lists several helix angles and primary weight options, (relating to altitude I imagine). Here in Minnesota we're at about 1,100 ft. Anyone know which angles and weights would be the right ones?

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Stock helix on the secondary is 0648-002 Bracket, Torque - 53°
Stock spring on the secondary is 0648-114 Spring, Driven Clutch - Red/White

Stock spring on the primary is 0646-147 Spring, Drive Clutch - Yellow/Green
Stock weights on the primary is 0746-539 ARM,CAM-W/BRG-53.0 GRAM

Now, the question is, was the clutching modified for a reason? Like an aftermarket pipe or intake?

You can probably pick up most of those parts off eBay used or New Old Stock and save money.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pipes, etc. are all stock. Clutching appears to be the only mod. Sled has great compression and low miles. P.o. was just trying to go faster I guess. But you know how it is with clutching. Can't just throw some go-fast parts in it and expect great results. Has to be a whole package that works together or things just don't work right.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stock weights on the primary is 0746-539 ARM,CAM-W/BRG-53.0 GRAM
Finally got the sled home from storage. Primary clutch has 52 gram weights in it instead 53. Any opinions on if they'll be close enough to work with the stock spring or will this be enough of a difference to cause issues?

·
Premium Member
469 Posts
I probably have all the stock parts. If it has 52g in it I would run it and try it, though they rev pretty high as it is.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my parts researching, I see that the '00 ran 52g, but with a yellow/white primary spring, and a 55/53 helix, where the '01 had 53g with a yellow/green spring and a 53° helix. Since It already has the 52's, I could go with '00 guts, but would that be a step backward in performance? I assume Cat changed those parts for a reason in '01.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts