Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, i started my sled up hard i got it about 100yds and it died. I thought it flooded, and i cant get it started. how ever it is fireing, i changed the plugs but does anyone know whats wrong? And i dont know how to get the belt off, how do you? gas is getting to the spark plugs too.

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
Not to ask the obvious, but is the gas valve turned on?

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its is.....

·
Registered
780 Posts
What did the plugs look like (insulator color black/brown/white)? Ice in the fuel lines/tank/carb restricting fuel flow? Choke stuck on? Since it does fire, I'd suspect either mechanical trouble or fuel delivery issues.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
water in the gas.... i never left my gas cap off, but i guess the express mart near me has some pretty :turd: gas. I used a hair dryer tyo warm up the carberators, but i died on the trail about 3 times so i had to use my hands to warm them up. I was able to get to a gas station put some super in it, and some dry gas. Now its running like a champ.Thanks for everyones help grbanman now im going riding

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
GET THAT CRAP GAS OUTTA THERE!!!

Siphon it out and start with some fresh, good stuff.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i put some dry gas in the tank it should be good, and im going to carry some dry gas w/ me when i go out.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Make sure it is 100% isopropyl. Don't use a methonal based dry gas, it will dry out all of your rubber components.

I'm just saying if it were me, and the bad gas was still in the sled I would drain it and start over. I use to also carry drygas on my sleds.

Good Luck

·
Premium Member
3,920 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (tek @ Jan 26 2007, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Make sure it is 100% isopropyl. Don't use a methonal based dry gas, it will dry out all of your rubber components.

I'm just saying if it were me, and the bad gas was still in the sled I would drain it and start over. I use to also carry drygas on my sleds.

Good Luck[/b]
Agree 100% ... drain it if you can. And carry some isopropyl with you whenever you can. It only takes about 1/3 or 1/2 a bottle to work when you fill up with gas - you don't need to use the whole thing. But it's best to have it available, or be able to buy it at the gas station when you fill up.

Glad to hear you got it fixed. Make sure you collect that money from ZRNEWF slaphappy

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah....weres my money ZRNEWF? Just kidding. I filled my sled up 1/2 with the super so it shouldn't have that much bad gasoline in it, thanks for the heads up on the dry gas with methonal

·
Registered
274 Posts
It may be a good idea to put in a new fuel filter. If the fuel had that much water in it ya never know what else may be lurking...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
my sled is not in running condition....AGIAN. I had ridin to a superbowl party, left it and came back 3hrs later and when i tried to go, i smelt burning rubber. I changed the belt, but the same thing was happening. The belt was not gripping to the clutch, could it be problems w/ the clutch. Could this be froxen chain case oil possiably?

·
Registered
154 Posts
I know this sounds silly, is the parking brake engaged? I have left it on when messing around with the belts (opening the secondary sheeves) and went to take off and..... need anther belt! Can you move the track freely could be iced up. Highly unlikely chaincase is frozen unless it is leaking a ton of water but you would have burned up a chain by now if that was the case as the oil would be toast. I would check to see if you can move the track the secondary is obviously bound up somehow.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i didnt leave the brake on, and its not the track

·
Registered
154 Posts
the reason I mentioned the track is that if you can move the track, the chaincase and secondary will be free as well and not keeping the belt from rotating them.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts