Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haven't taken sled out for a few days!!!! #1 plug is black dry and sooty looking. #2 plug same thing!!! #3 on fly wheel side was black and sooty and wet!!!! is this the way they should be or whats going on there didn't check them after my ride and the ride was short so any help thanks

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To me that could mean too much fuel like a choke plunger stuck open
hay kev cleaned out the spot where plunger go and made sure they were bottomed out after new choke and throttle cables were installed did the settings by the book I was told that the plugs should be a light brown is that correct thanks

·
5,963 Posts
CardBoard Brown

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The most trouble I ever had with plugs on my ZRT was when two of the silencer box exhaust pipes got smashed shut. I had hit something good enough to bend them and it choked the old girl off enough that two cylinders routinely fouled plugs. Once they were straightened out, fouling problem went away.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The most trouble I ever had with plugs on my ZRT was when two of the silencer box exhaust pipes got smashed shut. I had hit something good enough to bend them and it choked the old girl off enough that two cylinders routinely fouled plugs. Once they were straightened out, fouling problem went away.
Ok my pipes are not bent any where so not sure what to make of it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts