Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well ive been looking into new tires and wheels because my stock wheels are beat and i know im getting swamplites but i cant decide on wheels i know that after a year my stock wheels look like a shark chewed them so i was looking into steel wheels but i can only find 2 from itp which i dont like. but alot of people have aluminum and they have to be taking a beating too.but everyones wheels look perfect. like there not even being used. i would like the aluminum for less weight so i can go with 26"s on my 06 400 without power loss but again how do they hold up do they take a beating better any recomendations.they dont have that stupid lip on them like the steel wheels. any ways some pros and cons of aluminum or steel would be a great help. and what do you guys think about black wheels i typically hate the look of them on trucks and cars but i thought they would hide damage better. maybe look better on atvs i dont know thanks for all the help

· Premium Member
2,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
are the aluminum as hard as steel or are they softer. forged or machined. i wasnt really concerned about scratching just rock bashing it isnt a factor you can avoid in new hampshire and maine. thanks for the pics vt it helps to have pics to look at to help decide i like that simple look but i could stare at that shiny aluminum all day lol. six what size tire you running on your 400. i want to run 26" but am nervouse ill lose alot of power. my 400 is all stock. but i think it will help with rock crawling.and it looks better thanks guys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.