Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tucker Hibbert Looks for a Podium Finish in Brainerd
GOODRIDGE, Minn. (1-9-2007) -- Monster Energy/Arctic Cat's Tucker Hibbert is ready for a podium finish at the Polaris Brainerd International Raceway Championship. When Hibbert was 11, he entered his first-ever snocross race at the Brainerd fairgrounds. He won countless district and state races in Brainerd as a Semi-Pro and is looking forward to his first Pro race in the city where he began his snocross career. This weekend's race is only Hibbert's second World PowerSports Association Snowmobile Tour national event since 2003. At the WPSA season opener in Duluth, Minnesota, Hibbert put in an impressive ride; qualifying second for both the Pro Stock and Pro Open finals. In the Pro Stock final, Hibbert grabbed the hole shot and was leading the race but a tangle in the second corner with another rider left him a lap down and unable to break the top-10. After a nearly last place start in the Pro Open final, Hibbert rode like he never left the snow and finished a hard-earned fifth place. A little bad luck kept the champion off the podium in Duluth but proved he has speed and is still capable of winning races.

Tucker Hibbert

News: 01-09-07 PowerSports Snowmobile Tour Doubles up in Central Minnesota; Hits Brainerd This Weekend for the Polaris BIR Championship
News: 01-05-07 PowerSports Snowmobile Tour Readies for Historic Brainerd National
News: 01-03-07 Weather Forces Rescheduling of Canterbury Snocross; Brainerd to Host Double National Snocross Race
Tucker Hibbert - #68 Monster Energy/Arctic Cat
"I was a little disappointed in my results in the finals at Duluth but am really happy about my speed and how comfortable I was in my qualifying races. I'm excited about racing in Brainerd. I've had a lot of success there on both snowmobiles and motorcycles. A win at this race would mean a lot to me. I'm looking forward to getting my Monster Energy/Arctic Cat back to the podium."

FAST FACTS:
· Birthdate: 6.24.1984; Birthplace: Driggs, Idaho; Hometown: Goodridge, Minn.
· Started riding snowmobiles at the age of three and began racing when he was nine.
· From 1998-2000, as a Semi-Pro, he won 19 of the 24 finals he started; the most Semi-Pro wins by a rider in the history of the series.
· Five-time Winter X Games medalist.
· 2000: Gold - youngest gold medalist in history; 2002: Silver; 2003: Bronze; 2004: Silver; and 2005: Silver.
· Won three World Snowmobile Association points championships in three professional seasons and is the second-winningest Pro rider in history.
· 66 starts: 25 wins; 49 top-three, 56 top-five and 61 top-10 finishes.
· Tucker, along with his father Kirk Hibbert were both listed as Sno-X Magazine's
Top 10 Snocross Racers of All Time; Tucker third and Kirk fourth. Kirk is Monster Energy/Arctic Cat's chief mechanic and still races in the Pro Plus 35 class.
· Retired from snocross in 2003 to focus on a full-time career racing motorcycles.
· Currently lives in Centreville, Mississippi where he rides and trains with Kevin Windham for the AMA Supercross Lites East Coast series.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts