Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, me again! :)

I bought a brand new TRV 550 a few months back... It's a 2017 but I bought it new this year... I now have 900 miles on it...
I had two problems with it. When I first got it a few days later it showed an error code for the crankcase, I turned the bike off and started it back up and the error code went away and never came back..
The guy at the arcticat dealership said it was probably just a glitch and not to worry about it. I believe he was right because I never had a problem with that ever since..
But I am getting a error code the past couple weeks with the Speed sensor... It comes and goes, the bike works fine when it is on and if I keep driving it goes away after a few minutes...
I put some dielectric grease in the sensor connection and that hasn't helped... This error code came on 3 or 4 times now... on different days. The guy at the dealership thinks it could be a glitch because he said usually when a sensor is bad, it is bad, it doesn't usually work and stop, work and stop etc...
What do you guys think? I don't drive it crazy and I don't go in 4 feet of mud.. I ride it on trails and try to go around water rather then go through it etc...

·
Administrator
37,499 Posts
I think your battery is getting weak.

Reactions: JoyfulRider

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Doorfx thanks for the comment!
If I'm not mistaking, I believe they just put a brand new battery in it before I bought the bike a little over 3-4 months ago.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Guys.. I was riding last night and when I got the P0500 error I seen another error with it...
C1312 (Vehicle Speed Broken CAN wires in main harness, disconnected or defective speed-sensor, broken speed sensor wires )

I haven't had a chance to get the battery tested, but I'm assuming that there is a bad wire somewhere in the harness?

·
Administrator
37,499 Posts
They flash all kinds of crazy codes when the battery is weak.

Reactions: JoyfulRider
1 - 7 of 7 Posts