Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My brother bought my daughters a nice older Prowler. He thinks it's about a 93. My question is, how can I find out for sure what year it is, and what belt does it take? Genuine AC belt the way to go? Is NOS (new old stock) ok, or do they get too brittle with age?

Also, this thing seems to leak water out of the overflow. We think around the cap. Is there a simple cure for this?

As you can tell, I'm not a sledder, I ATV. But I want to get this thing tuned up a bit so it's a bit more reliable for my daughters.

Thanks in advance!
Jay

·
Registered
630 Posts
The first two digits in the vin should tell you the model year. Old belts can still be good as long as they are kept out of the weather and direct sunlight but again, that depends on exactly how old they are. As far as the coolant goes, make sure it doesn't have too much in the overflow. There is a drain line that comes out of the top, sort of a vent also and if you have too much and the engine heats up to operating temp it will overflow. Good luck with her, I had a 93, here's a pic of her. Look at the decals on the sides of the hood, if they are the same as yours, it's a 93.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, thanks guys - that helps a bunch. I went to Alpha Sports to see their online fiche, but they didn't go back far enough. It has the same decals, so I guess its a 1993.

Thanks!

Jay

1 - 5 of 5 Posts