Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Solid motor mounts / Updated mounts

33K views 52 replies 21 participants last post by  thriller007 
#1 · (Edited)
This is going to be pinned or in the "sticky section"
All the info for making your engine mounts more stable.
This will cover the:
08/09/10 700H1 &
09/10 550H1 for the solid aluminum mounts that 2011 models and up use.
Also the 109 mounts for the 06, 07, and 08 Suzuki powered 700's
that Savageman69 has made for his 07 700 efi, its a great update, I have it on my 07 700.
I will make changes as needed, post your info and helpful tips here as well as any questions.
Post links to other motor mount threads.
List any changes you would like to the title if needed.
I will pin it in a few days, but you can still post in this thread once it's pinned. If there are any other machines that need an updated engine mount that I may have missed, just let me know.

#27 ·
I think my back hole was normal and my front was a little oval on the frame but looked factory.. I dont think she going anywhere...

Any updates for the top mount?

#29 ·
Doing this mod this weekend. Got the sleeves being made now and gonna pick them up wed. I hope it goes well got some pretty good engine movement with bigger tires and clutching. I would expect more when I put the vdi and 109 injector that I also plan on getting in this weekend. If all goes well. Anybody have the solid mounts wear out on the 700?

#30 ·
they are not solid...and i havent seen anyone wear the m109r mounts out..mine have over 3000 miles of abuse

#32 ·
if its caught soon enough yes it will

#34 ·
thats not exhaust, its normal to have some "steam looking stuff" coming out of the dipstick hole. thats why the engine has a breather tube to ventilate the engine while it's running. If it excessive, then that meaning you have "blow by" which is compressed fuel/air mixture getting past the piston rings on the compression stroke. Meaning its time for rings and possibly cylinder and piston.

#38 ·
I've been pondering the solid mounts on
my 550 cause of tires and clutching. But my motor doesn't move that much, like my neighbors 700H1 moves A LOT. And it seems like a lot of work, so just wondering if its worth it?

2009 550 H1 EFI (mine)
28" mega mayhems
Black stock wheels
snorkled
Racked rad
///airdam clutching
hid high beams
sealed actuator
no spark arestor

2006 400 manual(dads)
bone stock runnin strong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#40 ·
no...

#42 ·
Hi Have a 2007 700 I have m109r mounts on order and I need to make the sleeve for block does anyone know the dimensions ? Just trying to have ready to go when the mounts come in. Only diameter I really need is the Id for the new mount as from what I've read it's smaller? Thanks

#43 ·
4x Aluminum sleeves 1.38" deep with an OD of 1.46" and an ID of 1.33

Reactions: thriller007
#48 ·
I changed my motor mounts on my mudpro 700 for the prowler solid mounts , do i torque the bolts like a regular 700 h1 atv or do i torque them has a prowler ?? Because in the maintenance manuel for prowlers the torque for the engine bolts to the frame is missing ? I would assume its the same they are using the same engine. Just wanna make sure thanks

Attachments

#49 · (Edited)
I have a 2010 H1 700. Been following this motor mount post for awhile. I went to the solid mounts first and they wallowed out in like 1000 miles.
So then I start reading up on the m109r mounts. I decided to use these mounts. I chucked the mounts up in my lathe and ground the mounts down to 30MM and removed the inner metal washer.
If you look at the pictures of the mount you basically grind the "fins" of the mount of. For the back of the engine I removed about 3/4" of the small sleeve side.
These mounts are made of a harder material then the original mounts. Also the original mounts are 27 MM in diameter when I checked them after use.
300 miles on the modified mounts, no noticeably engine movement and oil seepage stopped
If these don't work then urethane is my next move.
I forgot that I also turned down the outside washer on the m109r motor mount to the same size as the original mount

Reactions: doorfx
#50 ·
I have a 2010 H1 700. Been following this motor mount post for awhile. I went to the solid mounts first and they wallowed out in like 1000 miles.
So then I start reading up on the m109r mounts. I decided to use these mounts. I chucked the mounts up in my lathe and ground the mounts down to 30MM and removed the inner metal washer.
If you look at the pictures of the mount you basically grind the "fins" of the mount of. For the back of the engine I removed about 3/4" of the small sleeve side.
These mounts are made of a harder material then the original mounts. Also the original mounts are 27 MM in diameter when I checked them after use.
300 miles on the modified mounts, no noticeably engine movement and oil seepage stopped
If these don't work then urethane is my next move.

Can you post pics ?

#51 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.