Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is going to be pinned or in the "sticky section"
All the info for making your engine mounts more stable.
This will cover the:
08/09/10 700H1 &
09/10 550H1 for the solid aluminum mounts that 2011 models and up use.
Also the 109 mounts for the 06, 07, and 08 Suzuki powered 700's
that Savageman69 has made for his 07 700 efi, its a great update, I have it on my 07 700.
I will make changes as needed, post your info and helpful tips here as well as any questions.
Post links to other motor mount threads.
List any changes you would like to the title if needed.
I will pin it in a few days, but you can still post in this thread once it's pinned. If there are any other machines that need an updated engine mount that I may have missed, just let me know.

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll make the change above, thanks e207

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
299 Posts
yes I've seen that link, I was just wondering why there was no mention of the 08's with the cat engine, thats all.

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I made the change in the first post, it's included now. ^

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any helpful tips are welcome.

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
I just did the motor mount upgrade on my 09 550 EFI yesterday, and here are my tips. Remove plastic foot wells, disconnect rear diff from motor, unbolt frt diff, remove air filter housing and disconnect throttle body, disconnect muffler and belt exhaust boot. By removing the throttle body and belt exhaust, I was able to get a lot more clearance and less chance of damaging electronics on throttle body.
Jeff

·
Registered
9 Posts
I noticed that my motor mounts were really bad but it seems that the engine case is leaking right down the centre and seeping into the mounts. then it looks like the oil broke down the rubber. is any one experienced with warranty with these machines i have a three year warranty and it expires in a couple of days i was wondering if the engine case is covered or is it considered a gasket and not covered. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Ok I'm lost. I go get these mounts made, I get to the point of pulling the motor on my quad and then I pop out the rubber motor mount bushings, slide in the new mounts into my block mounts then re-install the old rubber mounts into the undersized holes?
This is just for the two motor mounts on the bottom of the motor? Do I change anything at the water pump mount?
I think I really need to do this to my quad and if not I know I really need to be out in my shop working on my quad, drinking beer with the best excuse ever to tell the wife. " But honey if I do not fix it my motor will break and then I'll have to buy a new motor."

·
Registered
51 Posts
I figured it out, hate when I cannot see the forest through the trees.beer-sign

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Going to finish what I started months ago. This time the right way.
I have the correct aluminum sleeves instead of steel ones and 4 new 109 mounts for the 07 700 suzuki powered quad
I have the front drive shaft out for new U-joints right now, so I'm basically 1/3 the way there. Today removing footwells, rear shaft, shift linkage, and airbox to throttle body connection. I'll post back later tonite with any other helpful tips while it's still fresh in my head.

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
well folks have a few questions on this... i put my mounts in this spring and have rode my machine hard. pushing some slush around with the plow i hear thunk thunk. I look down and see the engine moving. I have wore out the solid mounts already. is there another mount or metal i could use to make them last?

Reactions: dobie

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ya might have egged out the holes in the frame. Our 09 did that with 500 easy miles on it. It might be an easier fix than you think. make some small metal plates that will fit into the frame where the engine mount bolts/nuts are ( somewhat triangular) and maybe weld them in??

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
i think i egged the mount the bolt stays stationary when the engine moves

·
Administrator
7,989 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Wow, that really makes no sense what so ever. I thought it was the answer, but now I'll have to keep my eye on it.
I did get a noticable amount of vibration in the handle bars when the quad is idling, disappears when you give it the juice though. You notice that as well?

·
Premium Member
3,970 Posts
Yes I got the vibration ill try get some video of mine later to show everyone. Is say its moving just as much if not more than the rubber ones did

Reactions: MUDinmyBLOOD

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
well i did this today, manage to get 70% of it done. I just need to attach the foot wells, and clutches back on. mounts are in, diffs are in, rear drive shaft re-connected.

only thing that sucks is when i was putting the sleeves in i used a 33mm socket to help push the sleeves in the block and it slipped and i wacked my hand with a BFH and think i broke my left thumb.. SOB.

I put antiseize in the block prior to sliding the sleeves in. seemed to slide in with little effort. god forbid if i ever needed to get these out they would never come out.

motor is sitting 1/4 higher than before. so hopefully this fixes my low range gear when i am crawling preventing some grinding.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts