Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Boy, the last several years have been killer regarding having stuff stolen in the mail. I have had THOUSANDS of dollars worth of merchandise stolen over the years due to crooked postal employees. It seems like its happening more and more. Being based in southern Ontario, my imported items usually get stolen at the mail terminal in Mississauga or somewhere some after leaving there. Currently I am waiting for my SLP pipes to arrive....and i am biting my nails. Tracking confirms the package left Chicago last week, and now the waiting game starts!!..... I dunno

·
Premium Member
5,566 Posts
reminds me of the thread on HCS

Guy sends out Helmet

UPS confirms dropoff but no signature

The buyer says he did not receive helmet

Now did the helmet get dropped off or did someone steal it

The best part is the guy who sent the helmet sent it WITHOUT getting paid and now is accusing the other fellow of stealing it

The seller should be SOL IMO for sending a thing before being paid

Not the same story as yours but related as stuff does get stolen the odd time

Hopefully you had insurance on the item

·
Registered
480 Posts
It happens everywhere. A few years ago a 48' tractor trailer was found out in the bush here in BC. It was full of sleds, helmets, parts, riding gear.... just about everything you could ever want. It was originaly headed to a new shop that was opening. They guessed it had been there for a few years judging by the years of the sleds and was about half empty. So someone was making a good chunk of money selling new all be it stolen stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good stories!!

Well, i would guess that 95% of my stuff arrives or gets delivered. But the 5% lost is sometimes the expensive stuff....I was a power seller on ebay for a while so i have seen it all . I know not to get too worried until week 3 has passed.. So i still have till mid next week until my underwear starts to get knotted up..lol

·
Team ArcticChat
6,971 Posts
I always wonder about those UPS drivers.... They could make a pretty good racket selling those boxes. I've been lucky, knock on wood. Its just a shame you can't trust anyone! They tell you to buy insurance... but I don't know about you guys, but I"m going insurance poor. Cars, trucks, sleds, house, tools, plows, packages... you name it

·
Registered
256 Posts
you got to pay to play(insurance and all). ive always hated it but the signature upon arrival i think is only way to go. ive read other stories like this where its not necesairly the post people stealing the goods. but when they leave it at people houses for some of the stuff people have actualy got caught taking it from the houses. as mentioned i would be patient ive ordered things and they said it was at this place but it still take 2-3 weeks to get it after that.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeh, the whole insurance thing is a scam. Any item getting shipped should be guaranteed to arrived, insurance or not. Its like they know its a 90/10 chance of arriving safe and unbroken. (and their own employees are guilty). I knew of a guy who worked at the postal plant in Barrie, Ontario and things got taken on a very regular basis . The employees know exactly which areas are not monitored by cameras.. Thats totally f#$ked IMO.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
Here's a good one. 2 years ago I bought a DynoJet kit from a member of this forum (Molsondrinker) sent the certified cheque by priority post and he sent the kit. I got the kit but the cheque never showed up at his end. Went through the tracking number and it tells me it was delivered to some town that it wasn't even addressed too. Signature was required but none on record and no cheque. If I wanted to claim against Canada Post I would have had way too much BS to deal with. So I lost the money because it was a certified cheque, so I mailed through regular mail a personal cheque and everything was fine.

So where did that certified cheque end up?

·
Registered
609 Posts
I bought piston rings from MFG Supply to be shipped to Sherwood, ND. The tracking number said it got shipped to a town in Texas. I didn't bother trying to get them back, but I e-mailed them, and they said they gave me the wrong tracking number. Well....the place in Sherwood never got them....

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So my SLP pipes arrived!! Sled at the dealer getting them installed with 158 pics and a clutch kit just for good measure. I am seriously Jones'in for some snow..... Cat happy

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mine where mailed on the 9th!!! But obviously got stuck at customs.. I wouldnt worry to much yet if they went out on the 18th

·
Super Moderator
8,383 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Houleigan @ Nov 20 2009, 04:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Here's a good one. 2 years ago I bought a DynoJet kit from a member of this forum (Molsondrinker) sent the certified cheque by priority post and he sent the kit. I got the kit but the cheque never showed up at his end. Went through the tracking number and it tells me it was delivered to some town that it wasn't even addressed too. Signature was required but none on record and no cheque. If I wanted to claim against Canada Post I would have had way too much BS to deal with. So I lost the money because it was a certified cheque, so I mailed through regular mail a personal cheque and everything was fine.

So where did that certified cheque end up?[/b]
Strange story with the cheque. It seems like everything was done correctly. We have problems down here in some areas with mail being taken from the post boxes. But a certified check should have a signature upon delivery, right?

Bummer to here stories like these. This sport is expensive enough without having to pay twice for the goodies. :angry:

·
Registered
256 Posts
ya its funny what people will do for a little bit of money. but ive learned over time the only way to be safe is do everything to cover your ass. even if its a little more expensive because if it gets stolen lost or what ever it ends up costing you twice as much. hoacha what dealer do you take your machines too.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (03zr9 @ Nov 25 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
ya its funny what people will do for a little bit of money. but ive learned over time the only way to be safe is do everything to cover your ass. even if its a little more expensive because if it gets stolen lost or what ever it ends up costing you twice as much. hoacha what dealer do you take your machines too.[/b]
My machine is sitting at the dealer in Aberfoyle.(between Hamilton and Guelph).. Really nice people there. Oldest Cat dealer in Ontario. The mechanic there is awesome. And they dont give a crap about where and from whom you bought it unlike other dealers. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wayne..Thats pretty messed up buddy.. Was there insurance on the shipment?

·
Registered
256 Posts
ya i stop there i got a gf that lives in guelph so thats where i go and thats actualy where i got my machine from. i think they might have actualy been working on your sled when i was there. my brother got his quad and sled from davidsons but i do not like them they a good distance away. and then there was marsh brother but i think they stoped dealing with arctic cat

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Marsh Brothers (nice folks too) had been clearing out all their Cat clothing last month but no new sleds in yet...Got new Cat pants for $60!! Take a look upstairs in their clothing area. They should have lots of stuff left at great prices. But for parts i deal with Aberfoyle. They are consistently cheaper in price.
Thats funny if you saw my sled in the shop. Small world , isnt it??

1 - 20 of 23 Posts