Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
currently runnin 27 " mud lites, tires are worn ( approx. 1/2" lug depth from orig. 1 1/4"). don"t want same tires,found that tire carcass not able to stop lugs from fold"n. in between lugs ,bulges near match lug height. (PSI 5 PDS ).
was thinkin MUD GEAR ,DIRT HOOKS (bridgestone), 589"s, SWAMPLITES.
?? which of these tires would be a good replacement . (oh yeah, this CAT works haulin wood out of these areas and other non CAT atvs) LOL.
:beer_cheers:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Do you want a tire that is good in the mud?, or thats a good trail tire

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
SORRY, forgot to mention terrain. trails are rock, some hard pack and swamp, e.g old loggin rds, skidder trails.
85% swamp cedar terrain, 10% moss & mud covered rock on hills, 5% hardpack.
mud here is not thick,just black & deep ( cat tail roots,decomposed wood,loon & beaver :turd: ).
TIRES mentioned are just some that i thought might work,any info on any tire is appreciated THANX!

BYE THE WAY HAPPY NEW YEAR :super_happy: :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
mudlight xtr's!

Do some google searches on reviews of them.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
mudlite xtr's sound like a good choice, have heard nothing but good things about them. Think they are made from better material then the mudlites you have now.

also look at the Pirelli mudweisers. they have a similar tread design to the mudlights and can found on ebay for cheap. My dad purchased them and they seem to do well in the swamps and trails, although not as good as the 589's.really like the ride of these on the trails.

i have had good luck with the 589's. Do real well in mud as long as you dont pin the throttle, and climb well. ride reasonably well on trails.

·
Registered
361 Posts
xtr's or 589's sound like your best bet.

·
Registered
479 Posts
The AMS Swam Fox Plus is a lot cheaper, and has a verry similar tread. I just put a set on my 650 last week, and they are working out great so far! Check out the thread in this section for a little info on them. I paid $300.00 for mine...(my price) but I bet you can get them for under $350.00 28X12-12 and 28X9-12, they measure about 27", installed on the machine with 7psi. of air. -Craig

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,703 Posts
XTR's are fantastic tires for rocks and hardpack trails, I love mine and feel they give a smoother ride than the stockers did for sure. Got about 400 miles on em so far and nothing but praise for them

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
moogwag - Have a look at the Kenda Executioners.They're similar to the 589s, only more aggressive.

I skid and haul lots of wood from the same terrain you listed and the Execs have never let me down.I've got around 700km on them and they still look new.
On hard pack they ride as smooth as the stockers above 5kph.The only cons are they are a heavy tire and they measure about a half inch short.(if that matters to you)

Check out these links

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=31666

http://www.arcticchat.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32998

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts