Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I acquired this ATV from my grandfather when he passed away. it was a pos. Wouldn't start, had flat tires... and the more I looked at it the more it needed fixing. So a long list of parts later, and around 1000$ later it's finally all fixed up! I ride it around every weekend. it's slow and annoying to drive down technical trails (shifting constantly), but hey, it's something!

This whole time the speedo was stuck on trip, and for the life of me couldn't figure out how to change it, but today I did... and it has 21030 km! wtf! 1293 running hours.... that's insane. How is this still running?

The engine was rebuild some years ago, maybe 3000k ago? And I rebuilt the transmission, including the starter shoes, clutch plates, & one way bearing. Other than that the engine hasn't been touched oh. I also bought a new carb from eBay. Other than that, I just fixed a bunch of suspension problems, and electrical problems.

I am in the process of trying to sell it so I can put a down on a better quad, something more fun to blast around sand pits and stuff. This is more of a work quad. Is 21k a lot for these Suzuki 400 motors?! I don't think anyone will even click on my ad seeing 21k hahaha.

·
Premium Member
2,083 Posts
With the engine being rebuilt 3000k ago your good for almost another 18k..LOL... I find the cat engines are good engines i had 14000 on my 14 and was still running like a top even on the original plug.. It was the clutches on mine that i ended up replacing and some seals as well as a few wear and tear items... I think it comes down to maintenance mine got a few services yearly with good oil and diffs got done yearly as well not that they ever showed signs of water..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts