Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This season, I have had multiple problems with my motor. After several attempts to resolve issues with the dealer and Arctic Cat, I contacted my attorney who referred me to the local AG's office. The state of Maine enforces manufacturers to cover the products up to 4 years under an Implied Warranty vs. Express Warranty. You may want to check with your local AG's office to see what consumer products it covers.

Problems, Issues, Not resolved... Implied Warranty vs. Express Warranty

Here's a link to the Maine's Ch. 4 which I will add the summary below.

http://www.maine.gov/ag/dynld/documents/clg4.pdf

§ 4.12. Summary Of Implied Warranty Rights

Remember, all new or used consumer goods sold in Maine (except used cars) come with an automatic implied warranty that the item is not seriously defective. This warranty cannot be disclaimed (denied) by the seller. Here are a summary of your rights:

Maine's implied warranty law applies to all new or used consumer goods that are sold by merchants, except for used cars.
Used car dealers are allowed to disclaim implied warranty rights and typically do so on the car's Used Car Information window sticker.
The Maine implied warranty law offers the following protection: if you have been sold a seriously defective product or component, even if the product has exceeded its express warranty period, then both the seller and the manufacturer can be required to repair it for you free of charge. In order to prove a breach of implied warranty you must be able to prove within the first four years from date of sale, that:

1)The item has a serious manufacturer's defect;
2)You have not abused the item; and
3)The product (or defective component of the product) is still within its useful life
(useful life will normally extend at the most four years from the time of sale).

It is an unfair trade practice for a merchant (except a used car dealer) to attempt to
disclaim verbally or in writing your implied warranty rights and to thereby limit your
rights to an express warranty. [36]

Implied warranty rights and express warranty rights are often automatically transferred
to second buyers.[37]

If an item is defective, you should take it back to the dealer and let the dealer arrange
the repairs. You should not have to be responsible for returning it to the manufacturer.

Hope this helps... or should I say Happy Hunting! :beer_cheers:

·
Registered
103 Posts
I had no problem with Arctic cat (F8 Sno Pro)
1. sent me a new side pannel, my melted some
2. My heat exchanger was leaking and my dealer nor i could find the leak, lucky the leak did not keep me from riding but Cat replaced it no questions asked
3. wrench light a would come on in reverse and the beep would not beep, Cat replaced the CEU no questions asked.
4.Even the little things, i lost an exaust sping, and windsheild screew Cat replace at no charge to me.
5. I purchased stud boy 9" dueces ($140) and they sucked on my sled, after speaking with Stud boy they were willing to sell me shapers for half price, I called cat and told them of my problem. Cat told me they had the same complaint with the sleds used in Alaska for the 2200 mile (Something,I dont remember) Next day a guy from Woodys called me a he offered me there dullys to test for free. I tested them in hurly, Wi (240mi)gave him my comments and sent them back and he would send me another pair of dullys and I told him (woodys) I would rather have singles. He sold me a pair of 10" singles for $27.
6. I still have 2 year left on my warranty!!!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuskegoCat @ Mar 29 2007, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
2. My heat exchanger was leaking and my dealer nor i could find the leak, lucky the leak did not keep me from riding but Cat replaced it no questions asked
3. wrench light a would come on in reverse and the beep would not beep, Cat replaced the CEU no questions asked.
4.Even the little things, i lost an exaust sping, and windsheild screew Cat replace at no charge to me.
5. I purchased stud boy 9" dueces ($140) and they sucked on my sled, after speaking with Stud boy they were willing to sell me shapers for half price, I called cat and told them of my problem. Cat told me they had the same complaint with the sleds used in Alaska for the 2200 mile (Something,I dont remember) Next day a guy from Woodys called me a he offered me there dullys to test for free. I tested them in hurly, Wi (240mi)gave him my comments and sent them back and he would send me another pair of dullys and I told him (woodys) I would rather have singles. He sold me a pair of 10" singles for $27.
6. I still have 2 year left on my warranty!!![/b]
WOW!
What's your occupation: Chairman of the "Better Business Bureau"? Author of "LemonAid"? Editor of a sled mag.? Chairman of AC?
You sure have them doing back flips to keep you content.

·
Registered
568 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MUSKOKA800 @ Mar 29 2007, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuskegoCat @ Mar 29 2007, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW!
What's your occupation: Chairman of the "Better Business Bureau"? Author of "LemonAid"? Editor of a sled mag.? Chairman of AC?
[/b][/quote]

Governor of Cali four neeya

G

·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MUSKOKA800 @ Mar 29 2007, 01:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuskegoCat @ Mar 29 2007, 11:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WOW!
[/b][/quote]

Anything that breaks that is not driver abuse and probably most belt issues, cat will cover. up to your dealer to take care of it. Anything I have had needed warrenty wise even when my sled was out of warrenty my dealer covered. Cat took care of the bill. Starting to understand this that some of your dealers really dont want to do much business cause they are not working for you at all!

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MuskegoCat @ Mar 29 2007, 01:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

1st, let me say congratualations on having YOUR issues resolved. :beer_cheers:

:stop_nono: 2nd, This post is for those members like me who have not been so fortunate this season.

FYI: I also purchased my sled early and have two years left on the AC warranty. (What good is it... it is always in the shop. I dunno )

If you read the topic... you'd notice I intended this post to be informative and used as a reference source if you had issues or problems with your snowmobile. Also, if you reside in Maine their is a 4 year implied warranty on any new sled purcased in Maine from a dealer. It is also transferable to 2nd buyers. This post also shows, it is not just for snowmobiles but it includes ANY consumer product except used cars.

I am not a lawyer, but I was referred to this link by my attorney to save legal expenses. I approached my dealer and AC to address my problems and my sled remained UNRIDEABLE for weeks. At first when it did run, I went through 3 motors in 3 rides.

I am sick of posting about my 07 XF1000. This post was for information only. I thought that I would add it as a good gesture for my fellow snowmobilers seeking information which may help resolve their melting, flaming, blown motors, bad ECUs, bent tunnels, etc. Rockerdude

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zl5600 @ Mar 29 2007, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Anything that breaks that is not driver abuse and probably most belt issues, cat will cover. up to your dealer to take care of it. Anything I have had needed warrenty wise even when my sled was out of warrenty my dealer covered. Cat took care of the bill. Starting to understand this that some of your dealers really dont want to do much business cause they are not working for you at all![/b]

You are absolutely correct! CAT has and will continue to step up for issues with older snowmobiles. I have seen them stand behind a 98 that never did the recall for the cylinders... 3 years later. For this reason, I still have some compassion left for AC.

Unfortunately this year, I had the pleasure of dealing with a snowmobile that spent 5 short lived days on the trail in the first three weeks of riding. Then I had the benefit of having it stored at the dealership after my ECU was overnighted to AC for 3+ more weeks. When I was asked come test the sled, I had nothing but ill feelings. I accepted the offer from the dealer and rode it 1 day (181 miles) before the snow melted. The sled still had a problem with the ECU. I rode Saturday and when I left on Sunday, the dealer was closed. I brought the sled to Southern Maine for the first time this season on March 10 (4 hours south) since picking it up on January 24th. Don't forget... it was only rideable 6 days. 2 for less than an hour.

After I returned to southern Maine, we were lucky to get a late storm and I had the chance to test it on a 2nd ride (130 miles). The engine was still not running properly. I called the dealer to return the sled and they would not accept it and wanted to charge me storage fees until I worked out the issues with CAT. The only way they would accept it was in a trade.

FWIW: I could post it. I have all this in writing (e-mails) as well. It doesn't matter!!!

CAT and the DEALER dropped the ball. bang your head bang your head bang your head bang your head bang your head bang your head I picked it up and my fat little legs are going for a 100 yard return.

It may take a while but I am sure AC and the dealer will be covering my sled, issueing a replacement Warranty, swapping my accessories, and if all goes well... a little well deserved restitution for damages, violating the codes / laws listed above.

I have been nothing but sincere with my dealer and AC (Judy Legal). I realize other members are having thier own problems without any resolution. I am just suggesting to look under the consumer laws in your respective states or Countrys. I believe if we're on this site, we all love to ride and despite some negativity... we all want to find ways to make things easier. I have gained a lot of useful knowledge and when possible I like to reciprocate.

I made this post to provide information which may save time and $$$! :D

·
Administrator
20,051 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sno Pilot @ Mar 30 2007, 12:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (zl5600 @ Mar 29 2007, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Starting to understand this that some of your dealers really dont want to do much business cause they are not working for you at all![/b]

You are absolutely correct! CAT has and will continue to step up for issues with older snowmobiles. I have seen them stand behind a 98 that never did the recall for the cylinders... 3 years later. For this reason, I still have some compassion left for AC.

CAT Did not drop the ball,, The Former Dealer dropped the ball.

It may take a while but I am sure AC and the Newdealer will be covering my sled, issueing a replacement Warranty, swapping my accessories, and if all goes well... a little well deserved restitution for damages, violating the codes / laws listed above.

I have been nothing but sincere with my dealer and AC (Judy Legal). I realize other members are having thier own problems without any resolution. I am just suggesting to look under the consumer laws in your respective states or Countrys. I believe if we're on this site, we all love to ride and despite some negativity... we all want to find ways to make things easier. I have gained a lot of useful knowledge and when possible I like to reciprocate.

I made this post to provide information which may save time and $$$! :D
[/b][/quote]
Ron, the little ''chat'' we had, I hope it goes well for you and others who may fall into the same scenario sometime if that particular FORMER dealer of yours is allowed to remain a Cat dealership

I think,, (well, i'd better not go there, Lol) slaphappy

Good luck and keep in touch brother! :chug:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:thumbsup:

:bleedgreen Not worthy: :site:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts