Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I dug around and found my old stand .. and guess what it wont work, beacuse there is a center brace on the rear bumper ... W/T/F ... So what is there a special stand for this sled ????? .. 2002 zr 600 cce

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know what you mean. I had to make a new one that is forked on top for my '02 ZR. Also, the bumpers are all plastic, no steel tube under the plastic cover like my old Wildcat. But I guess it's all in the weight savings.....

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh I thought there would be a steel bar in there .. So that will probley warp/bend if left on the stand for a long period of time ?? I just would like to keep the track of the ground .. Cuz I have it sitting in my hay barn on a dirt floor .. but in the summer I will have it sitting on some ply wood for storage.
Is it better for the rear shocks to have it on a stand ???

·
Registered
624 Posts
Some say it matters, some don't. I have never had a problem leaving my sleds sit on the track all year long. As for the stand, just move it slightly left or right of center. You certainly don't want it to hang on there for months at a time, but for a day or so is fine. If you're worried about the barn floor, put the plywood down in the winter, too. Not a biggie.

·
Registered
6,671 Posts
My older style with aluminum tube under the plastic bends every time I lift it now. I was hoping to covert it to plastic to avoid this.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I guess I will try to modify this stand to get it to work .. anyone had to modify a stand before ? if so pics would B sweet ..

Thanks 2 all

1 - 6 of 6 Posts