Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone use a side shield on there ATV plow? If so how does it work and where is the best place to buy one?

·
Super Moderator
1,820 Posts
A side shield really only works if you plan to push your "pile" all one direction, which :imo: requires twice the work - your always doubling back to take another run.

I left my 60" plow ends open, but put a 7" strip of Bailer Belting along the top to keep the snow from spilling over the top. Plow angle / speed / and how deep a swath into the snow is the key to preventing too much of it from piling out the opposite end.

PICS:
[attachment=139029:final2.jpg]
[attachment=139030:final3.jpg][attachment=139031:final4.jpg]

It works for me, as I also clean multiple driveways as well as my own.

That being said....you best bet is to check with the BRAND of plow that you have and GOOGLE to see if ends are available. My AC plow has bolt hole notches built in to add AC plow ends ($48) for the pair.

my2cents

Goodluck

Attachments

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I have never used them, I have always used a straight blade, got ahold of John at Quad Central Motorsports (763) 434-1200. I know he deals with Moose brand plows. Tell Him Cory sent ya, he may give you a deal. he is located in Ham Lake MN

·
Registered
83 Posts
I have the side shields on my plow & it is the best investment!
They cut the amount of time it takes to do my driveway in half. They work great whether you are bushing straight ahead or using the plow at an angle.
You should get them you will not be disapointed

Northmoose

1 - 4 of 4 Posts