Arctic Cat Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Administrator
7,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They had this before and the new QS3's kinda made this obsolete as you can get your shock package ( 3 settings ) on them. Just throwing some ideas out there, chose your ski bottom color? loops? carbides? Windshield!!!! is a big one, those low riders wind screens look nice but thats about it, not much protection and they actually make your top speed slower. If your favorite sled is the LXR, why not be able to order it with QS3's on it? ( well maybe) Track lug height options? factory installed engine heater. These procross sleds like to accumulate ice in the tunnel, more than any other model I've ever owned, maybe an engine heater would help? I've owned plenty of new sleds from Cat. The last 7 all had the toe in/out out of spec, some by a little, some by a ton. Some had perfect toe in/out but crooked handle bars, which means a tie rod adjustment. My last quad (2017 Alterra 700 H1 XT eps camo) was 1 inch toed out!!! of course crooked handle bars. Whatever "jig" your using, burn it. high speeds sleds and ATV's dont need a handling problem from the factory. If this is a dealer set up issue, maybe take that out of their control and have it leave the factory aligned. I've made my own alignment tool for the quads, 03 was good, 05 was off, two 07's-off. 09 was perfect, 2014 was very close, 2017 was way off. love my quads now, and the sleds too. The last 2 sleds I bought (2015 and 2016 ) were off by quite a bit too.

Reactions: snowxcrazy1

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
sounds like they need longer factory warranties. if ya just stop by and see all the things people have going wrong . need to find the speed they were famous for. sure quick is cool in a 600 ft race ,but to get passed by old sleds looks bad . quality control please step up .or the floor formen need to quit messing with the help .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts