Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 05 500m and it has dual 2in snorkles and it has no power and it backfires allot whats up
:sos:

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sounds like your running lean, just a guess, but if you didnt rejet and now its colder it will be much more noticable,,,did you rejet when you did the snorks?

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
try covering part of the intake and see how it runs

·
Registered
226 Posts
You just need to work on your jetting. There is a sticky about it on this site. It will tell you how to do it.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
On a guess I would say start with a 45 pilot, a couple shims on your needle if you don't have a dyno jet needle and a main jet at 160. What type of muffler are you running?

WC

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Or an easy fix is put a 1.5 inch reducer on the end of the airbox snorkel

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (V2RIDER @ Mar 5 2007, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Or an easy fix is put a 1.5 inch reducer on the end of the airbox snorkel[/b]

V2 Rider hit it on the head. The hose between the stock air intake and the air filter box have an indentation to fit over the framework that relates to a 1.5" restriction. Pop in an a reducer on the end and you'll be all set.

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
I think it has dual 2" snorkels.

WC

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (walkingcrow @ Mar 5 2007, 09:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think it has dual 2" snorkels.

WC[/b]

Yes, but the other is just a belt, or tranny snorkle, which could be 10" wide and not make a difference

·
Registered
5,686 Posts
Like what has been said is you will have to rejet to get it to run right. When adding more air from the snorkles you will also have to add more fuel to keep the proper air:fuel ratio.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
Rejetting will work as has been mentioned. However the quicker, cheaper and easier way it to do it is, just add the 1.5" reducer back into the air intake and he will be all set.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.