·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Forgot to post up the pic

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Want to stealth snorkel my 06 TRV 400. Where is the best place to buy flexible tubing? Lowes has some tubing but not 2". Only tubing I could find is shop vac hose. I'm only running stealth till I have the time to get precise measurements for PVC snorkels and pick a layout that I like. Any help is appreciated. I already pulled the stock front breather box off.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Want to stealth snorkel my 06 TRV 400. Where is the best place to buy flexible tubing? Lowes has some tubing but not 2". Only tubing I could find is shop vac hose. I'm only running stealth till I have the time to get precise measurements for PVC snorkels and pick a layout that I like. Any help is appreciated. I already pulled the stock front breather box off.

Any industrial supply house. Look for 2" suction or discharge hose.

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
2" industrial dust collection hose is the best. It is absolutely smooth inside no issues with clean non turbulent air movement. It's pricey but worth it.

It's very tough and durable and will handle high temperatures.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Temporary snorkels in. Will make them higher later. Mainly did it as precaution in case I hit a hole deeper than I want to avoid the weird angle making water go in the bad front box.

Before I snorkeled it, I cleaned the carb and of course I forgot to count the turns for the adjustment screw on the bottom of the carb. Now when it idles every now and then there'll be a faint popping sound. I'm assuming I am running too lean or too rich now since the problem wasn't there before the carb cleaning, just not sure which one it is. Manual says around 1 3/8 turns out. Can anyone confirm this number or tell me a number that works better? 2006 Arctic Cat TRV 400. Thanks, didn't think it was necessary to start a thread for this question

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know this post is a little old but hopefully there's still some people I've been trying to read up and thru the posts but I couldn't find many that actually said how they put it together and I'm trying to find what people used for the oval rubber piece coming off of the belt case

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Look through my posts... I use a 2 1/4 x 4 inch reducer.. cant remember the size exactly but u get the idea... their is enough meat on it that you can grind it down to fit tight

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
In Maine it's illegal to snorkel an ATV (stupid). So, I installed the Mudpro snorkel inside of my Black Boar front box and put a breather scoop on top on my 700 TRV. Figure that you could also "rebadge" a TRV and use the Mudpro snorkel as well, Game Warden would not know the difference. I do think the TRV ran better after snorkeling

Attachments

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts

·
Administrator
40,355 Posts
761 - 773 of 773 Posts