Arctic Chat : Arctic Cat Forum banner

Do you have snorkels on your quad?

741 - 760 of 773 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
hey all finally got my first atv 98 arctic cat 400 4x4 manual paid 900 for it no problems at all......i did a rad. relocate now I want to snorkel it my biggest question is how are u guys hooking up to the factory air box it has a funny lid on it for a little snorkel.....any advice greatly appreciated

·
Registered
50 Posts
I started to snorkel my 2007 650 H1 and the 3"-2" adapters were not even close to fitting the belt housing. I checked my wife's 2008 650H1 TRV and her intake boot would fit my intake AND exhaust. So I mocked them up and will be buying a couple from my local Cat dealer. I have seen that some people didn't have to take off the bars to get the front plastics off. I had to...or at least I thought I had to. I can't wait to get my bike back together and try it out!

·
Registered
28 Posts
After going through all 75 pages in a couple of days, I am still confused on how to snorkel into the air box on a 2004 400 ( not all pics loaded). I have a couple of ideas, but would like to see how everyone else is doing it.

I'm thinking about leaving the factory lid snorkel and plugging it and either pipe out the side or rear of the air box. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
For you guys that have manual shift and a rear box, like my Wes Industries box, here's how I hid my snorkels in the box. Bought an extension 2.5" hose for a Rigid shop vac from Home Depot and 4 flange adaptors. Remove airbox, install 2 flanged adaptors and drill tru the box with a hole saw. Stick each end of the hose into the adaptors , secure with glue "Superglue" and drill a securing screw thru each hose tru the flange. How cut the hose at the mid point. Install the 2 remaining flange adaptors under the box , keeping away from muffler. Secure each hose in it's adaptor. In my case, I had to cut an inch from each piece of hose. Tomorrow, I'll install some risers inside the box and some louvers to let lots of air in. In Maine, it's supposedly illegal to have snorkels, so these will be stealth snorkels.:lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
That's a nifty set up Numa... But what will your answer be when the MWS asks you what those tubes are for?
And the 2 tubes are both for your engine intake?

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Just to start off, I've used the search function, read ALL of the snorkel posts and used my google function....

I'm in the middle of finishing the intake snorkels on my 550. I've got the layout of the risers figured out using ABS from lowes, but I'm not happy with the looks of the abs. Specifically the female end knobbiness. I'm looking for the smooth, even outside diameter piping and fittings that I see out of the kits. Like I said, I've looked in lowes and homedepot, but they have all the same product. Does anyone know who makes the smooth, even diameter product?

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
Sched 40

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Thanks doorfx, but the sched 40 stuff is the one I have and arent too thrilled on the look of, just found out that its the sched80 stuff. High Pressure pvc...

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
Sorry schedule 80 , brain fart

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
intakes done

gettin it done

Attachments

Reactions: doorfx

·
Administrator
40,373 Posts
Looks good.

Reactions: AlexG.

·
Premium Member
2,206 Posts
Well after a year of putting it off and yesterday's close call. Time to snorkel.. I looked through the posts but seen no mention of this but I could have missed it. A 3-2 inch abs bushing works great for the belt intake. Ground maby a 1/8 of a inch of heated up the stock cat rubber cuppling with the heat gun and slid it right over.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

741 - 760 of 773 Posts